Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok I am over it now..... plateau

I have been on a major plateau now since July, only losing 7 pounds since my last fill on July 6th.

Does the Dr. Fox's Plateau buster diet really work?

I joined the YMCA and have been walking 40 minutes on the treadmill and working out on the weight machines for 25 minutes 3 times per week. I try to drink 64 oz Water per day, but still the scales go nowhere!

Any suggestions? Thanks

I was on a plateau since April

I tried just forgetting about weight loss not stressing about it, not getting on the scale..it works for me to just let go..I have lost 2 lbs not even trying. For me it seems when I exercise I do not see a movement in the scale but when the next week comes and I do not exercise the scale moves. GO figure.

I do not worry so much any more about the sclae and it's numbers, if it take me another year to get these last 5-10 lbs off then I'm content as long as I'm not gaining. I have so many other possitive thing to be grateful for since my band.

Try letting go, take a step back from the scale for a couple of weeks . You may see a difference when you do get back on it in. It works for me.

Brenda, I too have been on a plateau for all summer. 2 entire pounds since June, and now we are looking at September. I got so pissed off I almost quit everything, but came to my senses. My thanks to everyone for their encoragement on that.

7 pounds in 8 weeks is not a plateau, it just bearly is below the 1-2 pounds a week. That is still within the realm of reasonable weight loss. Sure, it isn't the amazing rappid loss many of us got used to, but it is still within the expected rate. I undestand your frustration, espcially when we see how amazing some people are doing. We are so excited for our fast loosers, even when we feel a stab of envy because of our own slow loss.

I have stopped tracking my weight. I know it is unreasonable on some level, but I have stopped. I stopped for my sanity. I am now solely focused on my NSVs. It really makes this part of the journey tolerable. Today, I bought a size LARGE skirt. Not a 2X but a large. So, I suppose right now, the fact that I've only lost 2 pounds all summer is irrelevent.

What are your NSVs? Are you tracking your inches lost?

I have stopped tracking my weight. I know it is unreasonable on some level, but I have stopped. I stopped for my sanity. I am now solely focused on my NSVs. It really makes this part of the journey tolerable. Today, I bought a size LARGE skirt. Not a 2X but a large. So, I suppose right now, the fact that I've only lost 2 pounds all summer is irrelevent

Vines you have the right attitude, I'm right there with you

Brenda---You have lost 132 lbs AMAZING, it only normal for your body to slow down, maybe take a reprieve for a few weeks ( dont go crazy with food) but less focus o nthe scale. Even though the sacale is not moving all that exercise is going to re-shape your body. THis is what I have noticed. People keep telling me all the time " wow you've lost more wieght" I haven't my body is just changing and shaping from the exercise and we all know muscle weighs more then fat so if your building muscle this could bew why the scale is not moving, if you know you are doing everything right and everthing you can do, then that should be all that matters, not what the scale says!

Thanks for your encouragement Vinesqueen and LaMadam. Guess I need to quit focusing on the scales so much. I am comparing me to the first year of surgery and was losing about 15-18 lbs per month that first go around before my revision surgery.

Thanks again, and I will try to focus on how my clothes are feeling loose and the NSV that are still showing up.

This board is great for support, thanks so much for listening to me whine!

Brenda, since you up'd your exercise, it could be that you are indeed losing fat and gaining muscle :)

Your stats just blow me away *BRAVO*

The first year of your loss was so incredible, it might be that your body is just taking some time to chill out and get used to things! You've done GREAT!!