Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food journal, or diary..

Do any of you keep a food journal? I'm thinking of starting one. I want to keep track of what I eat and how much of it. I also want to keep track of my calorie, fat and protien intake.

So, if you do...do you just use a notebook, or did you buy an actual food journal...if so..where did you get one. I found one on Amazon.com, but want to know if there are any other places that have them available.

I use the "daily plate" which is on livestrong.com. You can find the calorie and nutritional content of almost everything. It keeps me honest! You can also calculate how many pounds you want to lose per week an how much you burn with exercise. Good luck, I think you will find it is a big help!

I used to use The Daily Plate but now I use My Fitness Pal. They are both online so I always have access to them.

I actually JUST stumbled upon MyFitnessPal.com about 3 days ago. I have never gone more than a day of food journaling and even that may have been inaccurate. It was too much work writing everything done, finding the nutrition facts and having it all total up.

MyFitnessPal does ALL THE WORK for you. I am AMAZED. They have so many different foods in their database. I have yet to run into anything they dont have (its only been 3 days though). Another feature I LOVE is the fact that you can save a meal. For instance I often premake crab salad with baby greens, avocado and cheese. I can add all these ingredients and amounts and save it as a meal. That way, next time I don't have to find the ingredients, just click on the meal.

Its awesome. I give it FIVE THUMBS UP. I'm at a computer all day so its no problem going in an adding things throughout the day. You gotta try it.

I've kept a diary since I was banded 1/19. I was writing it down in my agenda but started using the food diary on realizemysuccess.com for Realize bandsters. I'm doing pretty well with it although I occasionally skip a day.

Do any of you keep a food journal? I'm thinking of starting one. I want to keep track of what I eat and how much of it. I also want to keep track of my calorie, fat and protien intake.

So, if you do...do you just use a notebook, or did you buy an actual food journal...if so..where did you get one. I found one on Amazon.com, but want to know if there are any other places that have them available.

www.sparkpeople.com

You can track everything you take in. You can also track exercise, get recipes, etc. It is free. I have been using it and loving it.

I just signed up for MyFitnessPal.com and I am already in love with it. I was able to put in my weight loss goals and it gave me a custom diet plan according to the goals and my weight. Also, they have a database that has nutritional facts for all the food. I was able to search for the specific oatmeal I had this morning and it pulled it up no problem. You can also enter the exercise (walking, biking). It may be similar to the spark people website, but I love MyFitnessPal!

If you have an Iphone or Ipod touch, there is a great application called "Lose It." It has most of the features of all the online ones, but it is with you at all times. I know myself, and I won't take the time to go online and log my food. This one is always around, though, so I'm doing much better. You can also tell it to display exactly what nutrients you want counted, such as Protein and carbs. It not only does each day, but a weekly average.

I'm a "Realizer" so I use their website. But when I run across something that's not in there I go to Daily Plate I can always find it there....then I add to my own personal diary for future use.

I started logging during the 6mnth diet period....I found it made me much more accountable when I had to log what I put in my mouth.