Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think that my port is in a weird and uncomfortable spot. It is 2 inches left of the center of my stomach horizontally and basically in the mi:confused:ddle vertically. I feel like it is very close to my rib and it makes it very uncomfortable for me to move. Where are your ports located? Is the pain normal, when can I expect it to subside. I don't really have any pain at the other incision sites.

Thanks, hoping for a quick pain-free recovery - I am a week in tomorrow - post-op.

hi i had mine put in 2 april and my port is jus above and left of my belly button it is uncomfortale too. still tender to lie on left side and to touch round that area. but i think is starting to settle down.

I think the pain is pretty much normal. I had my surgery done last Thursday and let me tell you, it is uncomfortable. I can tell it is located on the left side about 2-3 inches from my belly button. The first day after surgery I walked alot. I think moving a little will help ease the pain. I know if I sit in one spot very long and then move, the pain is alot worse. Hope you feel better soon. Oh, how are you doing with the liquid diet? I feel like I am constantly starving. My stomach feels like it is trying to naugh on my backbone. Not very pleasant. I had my surgery done in Mexico. So I am sure every doctor performs their surgeries a little different.

Good Luck

LivinWithFaith/KY

I think that my port is in a weird and uncomfortable spot. It is 2 inches left of the center of my stomach horizontally and basically in the mi:confused:ddle vertically. I feel like it is very close to my rib and it makes it very uncomfortable for me to move. Where are your ports located? Is the pain normal, when can I expect it to subside. I don't really have any pain at the other incision sites.

Thanks, hoping for a quick pain-free recovery - I am a week in tomorrow - post-op.

Hi Livin'

I too had my surgery in Mexico, it went very well and I am pleased. Its just the whol port thing, but I must say, I am 1 week post-op today and am feeling better than I did when I originally posted on obesityhelp a few days ago.

I have lost 10lbs to date. I am thrilled to say the least. I am amazed that I have not fainted or anything on this liquid diet, I have been basically living on Water, lemonade, jell-o and some Soup - I must admit though, I have been highly irritable.

The swelling restriction so far hasn't caused me to feel starving, since you feel that way, you will probably need a fill sooner rather than later. As the days have passed I have noticed more of an acid eating at my stomach feeling though.

Other than that, how are you feeling? Who performed the surgery? Have you los any weight thus far? Good luck on your journey, just remember, the liquid diet is not forever and the present sacrifice is well worth the long-term product!

Good luck!

hi,

I found the liquid diet is hell my stomach was touching my back bone it was so wild with me.

Im in new zealand had it done here.

I found i didnt get around to much on the first couple of days and the anistetic knocked me for a six all i wanted to do was sleep.

But like you when i sit for a while when i get up to move im a bit stiff and tender till i take a few steps.

Jus headn out shortly for a stroll round the farm and take the dogs for a walk and no dout the kitten will come with me as well.

good luck

happykatz

Hi,

My port seems to be right under my belly button. In fact, I think my belly button went missing during surgery! Lol....

I'm not really having much port pain but I do find that I have used these tips to help me along:

I carry a small pillow (like you do for a c-section) when I get up, sit down, bend over...hold the pillow on your tummy

I sleep with about 4-5 pillows propping me up

I lay on a heating pad all night

Hope this helps!

:(

hi chef,

Yes i slept with pillows all round myself too. and on under my tummy when i lay on my side found it stopped the feel of everything getting dragged down.

lastnite was the 1st night i didnt have to use them yay.

katz.

Hi, I don't know if this helps, but I had pain after surgery too, but the pain went away ENTIRELY. It always hurt when I bent over or moved my abs in any way. This healed up, I'd say in about 4 weeks or so. I hope you heal up quickly!

Hi Persona,

I had my surgery done in Cancun Mexico by Dr verboonen last Thursday. I am not a sit still person, once I got out of the hospital. Probably 2 hours later my husband and I walked about 1/2 mile to the nearest mile to get gifts for the return trip home on Saturday. After we left the mall, we got a cab to the flea market for about 3 hours...maybe I need to slow down a little HUM. That probably did help me some with soreness though. I am still sore when I get up.

Now I am back home and back to college today. I am taking science classes directled toward nursing.

I have lost 5lbs so far. I think my BMI was 37.5 at the time of my surgery.

I am looking forward to seeing the NEW me. I have always fought with my weight. When I was in my twenties I think I weighed 128 for 2 Days. ha, ha I have always struggled. And like most people once I got married, my New Couch Potato and I got comfortable. Too comfortable HUH? LOL

Good Luck on your JOURNEY too!!! It is so nice to talk to other people who are dealing with the same struggles.

LIVIN':smile2:

Hi Livin'

I too had my surgery in Mexico, it went very well and I am pleased. Its just the whol port thing, but I must say, I am 1 week post-op today and am feeling better than I did when I originally posted on obesityhelp a few days ago.

I have lost 10lbs to date. I am thrilled to say the least. I am amazed that I have not fainted or anything on this liquid diet, I have been basically living on Water, lemonade, jell-o and some Soup - I must admit though, I have been highly irritable.

The swelling restriction so far hasn't caused me to feel starving, since you feel that way, you will probably need a fill sooner rather than later. As the days have passed I have noticed more of an acid eating at my stomach feeling though.

Other than that, how are you feeling? Who performed the surgery? Have you los any weight thus far? Good luck on your journey, just remember, the liquid diet is not forever and the present sacrifice is well worth the long-term product!

Good luck!

I thought it was only me. My port is killing me. It is midway on the left side. With three other mini holes about an inch apart in a line above it under the left breast. Not the normal scenario

I had surgery March 12th and my port feels like it's to the right of my belly button. I can now sometimes sleep on my stomach, but prefer not to as it's uncomfortable. Generally I sleep with a pillow between the legs for the most comfort.

I thought it was only me. My port is killing me. It is midway on the left side. With three other mini holes about an inch apart in a line above it under the left breast. Not the normal scenario

I hope your port pain has been resolved. Please post an update. Thanks.

I am on week post op and my port incision is very tender. When I lean over or move a certian way it is very uncomfortable. It seems like it is pulling on the inside or something. I think another week and we will feel better.

I am sorry so many are haveing port problems! I must be a really strange cookie! I have not had any port pain. Mine is on my right side about 3 inches under my breast :). I have slept on that side since the 3rd night after my surgery. What is really weird is that it is more uncomfortable to sleep on my left side! :sad: But that is getting better every night.

I hope everyone heals fast!

D:lol: