Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie...looking for advice

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this website and have just started doing my research into lapband surgery. I'm tired of doing the yo-yo dieting thing and looking for an alternative. I know the lapband is merely a tool but I'm hoping it might be one that works well? :blushing: I've seen a lot of success stories on here and a lot of work in progress and everyone is an inspiration. Including those that are having the trials, I want to learn the good...the bad...and sometimes the ugly before doing this as it is a lot of money.

Any advice is much appreciated. My one big question to people out there is would they do it again?

Thanks and I look forward to chatting with some of you!

Good luck on your journey! :thumbdown:

I was just banded on 4/1/09 but I can say for sure that the whole experience thus far, from doing all the pre-op stuff to the surgery and now after has been 100% positive for me. I have no regrets. Along the way I learned a lot about myself and feel that I now have been given the mental tools as well as the physical tool (the band) to be successful. Good luck to you in your decision making and journey.

Was banded in September 08 and would do it again in a heartbeat!!! I have lost 70 pounds, feel great, and am no longer taking the high blood pressure medication that I took for years. I have a lot more energy and I'm fitting in to clothes that I haven't worn in years. I wish I had done this years ago. Good luck to you!! Becky

same here chicchick. I am actually signed up for a free seminar here in Indiana on April 28, found out my insurance does cover it but you have to meet certain criteria. I have been doing research all I can on the internet, am really considering it.

Spinner WOW! that's awesome that you've done so well and your still in your first month! Keep up the good work!! :blushing:

Becky, you're doing so well! And good for you for being able to get off the meds. I'm not on anything but the fear of the diseases that go hand in hand with obesity are the ones that scare me. Especially because there are family members very close to me (my dad) that have been diagnosed with adult onset diabetes and it's a very scary reality. So congrats to you and thank you for sharing! :thumbdown:

Joleng5; glad to know there are others in the same boat as me. I'm in Canada, and unfortuently my insurance provider doesn't cover the costs to pay for the surgery. I think I found a clinic that I want to have the surgery done at (a good 4 hour flight away). So have to come up with the $16000 to pay for the surgery as well as the trip. It's a daunting task and I'm trying to make sure it's one that is going to be worth all the effort/money. :biggrin: It's challenging but comforting to know there are others out there with similar struggles. Keep me posted on how things are going for you! I will be wishing you good thoughts and hope all goes well...for both of us! :confused:

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this website and have just started doing my research into lapband surgery. I'm tired of doing the yo-yo dieting thing and looking for an alternative. I know the lapband is merely a tool but I'm hoping it might be one that works well? :blushing: I've seen a lot of success stories on here and a lot of work in progress and everyone is an inspiration. Including those that are having the trials, I want to learn the good...the bad...and sometimes the ugly before doing this as it is a lot of money.

Any advice is much appreciated. My one big question to people out there is would they do it again?

Thanks and I look forward to chatting with some of you!

Good luck on your journey! :thumbdown:

No, I would not, nor would I recommend it to a friend. I'm sure my 'extenuating circumstances' have interferred & I'm waiting for a removal.