Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction off like a light switch ??

Hi everyone,

I'm back again with another question. I had my 2nd fill almost a month ago and the last 2 days ,I've had very little restriction. I can even eat chicken and have it not feel like I'm having a heart attack. Has this happened to anyone else ? Is it normal for it to go away that quickly (restriction anyways),that didn't happen really after my first fill,I just stopped losing weight for a couple of weeks and then went to have my second fill. My doctor will not do another fill until 6 weeks past the last fill and the requirement would be that I hadn't lost any weight 2 weeks prior.

Can anyone shed some light,I'm always worried it seems. Thank you!

That doesn't make sense that your doctor only fills your band every 6 weeks. Maybe call and see if they can fill you a little more.

That doesn't make sense that your doctor only fills your band every 6 weeks. Maybe call and see if they can fill you a little more.

I don't think he'd bend on it. Their pretty strict.

I had a fill in February which I thought did the trick but a month later at my follow up we decided another .5cc and since that fill I have felt les retriction. I cant figure it out!

I had a fill in February which I thought did the trick but a month later at my follow up we decided another .5cc and since that fill I have felt les retriction. I cant figure it out!

It sounds very similar to my issue. The restriction I had after my first fill lasted longer than the second one.I ate chicken today just to test my band lol. I could eat it and I didn't like that.

It sounds very similar to my issue. The restriction I had after my first fill lasted longer than the second one.I ate chicken today just to test my band lol. I could eat it and I didn't like that.

If I have lost since the last fill its all on my own doing. I am trying to behave until my next appt which is 04/22

I meant to ask,how often does your doctor allow you to get fills ?

My doc has been on the aggressive side, I go monthly. He would probably fill me earlier but I am going on a cruise next week and dont want to end up to tight and miserable.

Hi everyone,

I'm back again with another question. I had my 2nd fill almost a month ago and the last 2 days ,I've had very little restriction. I can even eat chicken and have it not feel like I'm having a heart attack.

This is just my opinion but I don't think anyone's definition of good restriction should be that it feels like a heart attack to eat chicken. If chicken is a problem food, then avoid it. But having the band should not mean that eating is painful - unless you eat too fast or something gets stuck. However, as you lose weight, the band can become a little looser.

Has this happened to anyone else ? Is it normal for it to go away that quickly (restriction anyways),that didn't happen really after my first fill,I just stopped losing weight for a couple of weeks and then went to have my second fill. My doctor will not do another fill until 6 weeks past the last fill and the requirement would be that I hadn't lost any weight 2 weeks prior.

If you're continuing to lose weight at a current fill then there would be no reason for another fill. I don't know his reason for the 6 week wait - unless it's to give your band time to adjust to each fill.

Can anyone shed some light,I'm always worried it seems. Thank you!

Maybe you should call your doctor and mention the change in restriction.