Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Victorious Valentines - Feb. 08 - MASTER THREAD!

Yes, running at the gym, not outside. Brr! And wet. It will be a little later today.

I was told by my surgeon to weigh every day for the rest of my life. As long as I'm either maintaining or losing it's fine, but when my weight starts going up, it really freaks me out. I just need a break from seeing the numbers and put my energy into making better choices.

Ideally we start over every time we put something in our mouths, but so often it's a whole afternoon, or a whole day where things can get out of control. I have consciously taken a day or two at a time off and decided not to worry about what I'm eating for those days. (Usually holiday related.) Like I said earlier, sometimes I get tired of the fight and I just need a break. I can't let that turn into more, though. I will need to keep this fight up for the rest of my life, I imagine.

Ideally we start over every time we put something in our mouths, but so often it's a whole afternoon, or a whole day where things can get out of control. I have consciously taken a day or two at a time off and decided not to worry about what I'm eating for those days. (Usually holiday related.) Like I said earlier, sometimes I get tired of the fight and I just need a break. I can't let that turn into more, though. I will need to keep this fight up for the rest of my life, I imagine.

Very true Shiny. But I just hate the idea of fighting every single day...I'm a peaceloving soul!!!

I lost three pounds this week :blink:

Way to Go, RSG!!! Congratulations!

I want to lose three pounds, even in the next month would be nice.

Me too!!

Happy Monday morning all! Hope you all had a good weekend. I went for my fill....I am now back to the total cc's I was before my last unfill - I'm hoping this time I can keep the fill. I haven't tried 'real food' yet - I've been on liquids/mushies since Saturday morning. Today will be the test. My weight is down only 1 pound since my last fill (which was in late January)...and so far from where I need to be! Oh well, one day one meal at a time!

Saturday was a beautiful weather day, but I spent 3 hours of it in the car driving to the city where my clinic is, then had my hair shorn (and I mean shorn...It is almost a brushcut), and then visited a bit with my mother took her to run some errands, then took her for a birthday dinner (which of course I didnt get to eat!). Then another 3 hours back home. Yesterday was cool and wet, so no playing outside...*tap pouts*.

We had a good weekend. We went as a family on Saturday to the gym so we could all exercise. My back had been hurting, so I wasn't planning on running. We decided to play basketball as a family. We did a couple of dribbling drills down the court, then a race to make a basket in all of the 6 hoops. I ran a couple of races against my kids. I actually worked up a pretty good sweat. Some teenaged guys came in so we had to only use half of the court which slowed us down fitness-wise a bit, but we had a good time.

Then, while I was waiting for my husband and daughter to finish their game of pool, I decided to go walk on the treadmill. Of course I couldn't help myself and ended up running anyway. I went about a mile. At the end I of my workout I like to push it as fast as I'm comfortable. For the first time I pushed it up to 8.0 mph. That was fast and fun!

It was a good family workout and I love getting my family involved in fitness. They love it too.

Here's hoping this will be a great week for all of us. I hope your fill is just right, Tap. How is everyone else doing?

We're having lots of rain today and maybe tomorrow too. It sure beats snow!

I need to go running today. I will have to be smart about my day in order to fit it in. I didn't do it yesterday. Just didn't feel like it. Doesn't that suck? I need more motivation!

I haven't weighed myself since Tuesday. My weight going up was stressing me out and I just don't want to see it. I'll make myself do it on Tuesday, but I doubt I'll do it before then. (I'm normally a daily weigher.)

Have a great day, you guys.

Motivation: It runs away from me this time of the month. :rolleyes: Where does it go? Why does it like to hide from me? Will that be one of the questions for when I go to Heaven? LOL! It's a tricky one, that's for sure!

The weight issue has not been too bad for me. I gained about a pound over the weekend, but Golly Gee, if you'd seen all that I ate, you'd think it should be so much more! However, it's a new day, a new week and I'm back on track.

I do weigh myself every morning too. I have to, or else I let myself get way too comfy. It's at those times the scale goes up and up instead of down up down... know what I mean? LOL!! I even have some elaborate excel spreadsheet that calculates +/- from yesterday, last week, last month, etc. Crazy huh?

Woot! It's finally Friday!

Weighing daily is a hard habit to break. My biggest issue is throwing in the towel for the day when I make a bad food choice. Instead of accepting my little slip and making a healthier choice at the next meal, I tend to just say "to heck with it" and eat poorly the rest of the day.

Of course I always tell myself that I can start fresh tomorrow.....

I have to retrain myself to think meal by meal instead of day by day. I will never get to goal on my current way of thinking GAH!!

Oh me too! I have a hard time on the weekends. Half time is good, half is bad. Half is too much IMO. But, then I tell myself - well, it's okay to treat yourself or you will go berserk.. I have gone berserk before, so maybe it's not really that bad. Hmmm... then there is that crazy plateau stuff. Non-self induced I mean. If you trick your body by being all over the place as far as calories are concerned, your body has a harder time getting into that starvation mode.

At least it's true for my body anyway...

Like I said earlier, sometimes I get tired of the fight and I just need a break. I can't let that turn into more, though. I will need to keep this fight up for the rest of my life, I imagine.

I think that is only human, to want to take a break once in awhile. I think also that as long as you get back on track quickly, then no love lost. Nothing wrong with that I believe.

Now if only I could give myself a break and just forget the bad times, I think I could do so much better too.

I lost three pounds this week :sad:

Way to go Tara!! Whoot!! :wink2:

Very true Shiny. But I just hate the idea of fighting every single day...I'm a peaceloving soul!!!

Happy Monday morning all! Hope you all had a good weekend. I went for my fill....I am now back to the total cc's I was before my last unfill - I'm hoping this time I can keep the fill. I haven't tried 'real food' yet - I've been on liquids/mushies since Saturday morning. Today will be the test. My weight is down only 1 pound since my last fill (which was in late January)...and so far from where I need to be! Oh well, one day one meal at a time!

Saturday was a beautiful weather day, but I spent 3 hours of it in the car driving to the city where my clinic is, then had my hair shorn (and I mean shorn...It is almost a brushcut), and then visited a bit with my mother took her to run some errands, then took her for a birthday dinner (which of course I didnt get to eat!). Then another 3 hours back home. Yesterday was cool and wet, so no playing outside...*tap pouts*.

Happy Monday to everyone as well, here in CA!! It's getting really hot here. We're already heading into the 90's and yesterday left me with a daarrkk tan! LOL!!

PS.. pics?? Sounds adorable! I also hope your fill is good for you! I haven't personally had a fill in months, and this one seems to be doing really well. It's fickle though, sometimes its too tight - sometimes it's not. I'm leaving it alone for awhile.

We had a good weekend. We went as a family on Saturday to the gym so we could all exercise. My back had been hurting, so I wasn't planning on running. We decided to play basketball as a family. We did a couple of dribbling drills down the court, then a race to make a basket in all of the 6 hoops. I ran a couple of races against my kids. I actually worked up a pretty good sweat. Some teenaged guys came in so we had to only use half of the court which slowed us down fitness-wise a bit, but we had a good time.

Then, while I was waiting for my husband and daughter to finish their game of pool, I decided to go walk on the treadmill. Of course I couldn't help myself and ended up running anyway. I went about a mile. At the end I of my workout I like to push it as fast as I'm comfortable. For the first time I pushed it up to 8.0 mph. That was fast and fun!

It was a good family workout and I love getting my family involved in fitness. They love it too.

Here's hoping this will be a great week for all of us. I hope your fill is just right, Tap. How is everyone else doing?

Oh how I wish I could run... Ohhhhhh... That is so awesome SHM... you're doing fantastic!!

Good morning all! And although it is gray and raining, it isn't snowing!!! And quite frankly, I'd prefer it rains on days when I have to work, so that when I am off I can play outside in the dirt in the sunshine! At least that's how it is supposed to be!

I am back on solid foods after Saturday's touch-up fill, and so far, I'm good. The amount of food I can eat though has hit a new low...hardly worth eating! Imagine, 2 ounces of cheese and a yogurt for lunch FILLED me. dinner was a few tablespoons of Peanut Butter - I needed the Protein, but really didn't have the interest in meat.

I continue to do my exercise stuff at the Y, but am getting bored with it. However, if I don't exercise, I KNOW my weight will climb, so I do it, faithfully.

So RSG, how are things going this week?

LilMiss - glad to read you are 'keepin on keepin on'

SHiny - getting the family involved is great - they will thank you in the future when they do not have the health issues their non-active friends do.

Audone, Rhapsody, Audone, Marathinner, Gibson, Wantit, Jamie - where are you?

Edited by tapshoes
stupid typo

My weigh day is thursday.

I am trying to get an elliptical. They have a combo elliptical/ exercise bike for 150 on craigslist. I think that would be awesome to have.

I see my surgeon tomorrow. I really need to get my elliptical back. My mom took it while I was pregnant because we didn't have room when the Christmas tree was up and stuff then she wanted to try it out. I need to get it back from her so I can get back to using it. I hope I will get scheduled for a fill for next week or even get one in the office tomorrow. We'll see.

Morning everyone.

RSG/Jamie - Im envious that you have interest in/committment to doing exercise things at home. For me an elliptical would (I'm sure) just become a clothes rack or something for me to trip over. Theoretically I could save money by using equipment at home and not needing to go to the Y to work out, but the reality is, I wouldn't follow through on it. I need to know that every month money is coming out of my account so I'd better get my rear in gear and get my money's worth! Notice how my motivation is NOT an interest in exercise or health, but rather cold hard dollars and cents!

So far, this recent 'top up' fill hasn't presented any challenges - yeah! And it certainly is keeping my food intake down! For supper last night, I had 1/6th of a 2 person quiche...and eating only the innards not the crust, filled me.

If my weight doesn't drop this week, I'll ... I'll...I don't know what I will do, but I will do something!!!

I see we are up today! Whew!!

I missed you all, and it looks like everyone is doing really well. I'm not doing too bad myself. I've made some personal choices for myself and it's making me feel so much better already. :thumbup:

I think I'm ready to venture out and find another job somewhere else. Sometimes you just have to "start over", know what I mean? Also, why is it such a crime to be in a good mood? Wow, if that is a crime anywhere then I don't want to be there. Some people really think they have so much control of others, but I always say people who live in glass houses should never throw stones. Especially not at me, because you know I'm a person who you can trust implicitly. Just know this, never mess with my money - because you will be the one to come up short. :) Don't give me a reason. Period.

That said, the sun is shining and it's going to be a warm one here in Sacramento, CA. I love it! I do well all day but for that darned TOM I end up eating salty Snacks at night. I just do... ugh! However, I'm still losing tiny amounts here and there so I guess I'm still doing well in the grand scheme. It's such a struggle!

I am truly proud of myself though! I can't complain too much, I've been sticking to my workout routines. I have also been leaving those deadly chips alone. Today is day 17 without them. Wow! I'm on a roll, can't stop now!

One day at a time though, which is why I'm counting them out. There have been a few times where I wanted them badly, but I have not given in!!

Jaime, get that elliptical back girl - a few workouts and you will be right back to it. I believe that, truly.

Okay all, I'll catch you later - and I hope that you have a fantastic day!

I'm not doing too bad myself. I've made some personal choices for myself and it's making me feel so much better already. :)

I think I'm ready to venture out and find another job somewhere else. Sometimes you just have to "start over", know what I mean? Also, why is it such a crime to be in a good mood?

That said, the sun is shining and it's going to be a warm one here in Sacramento, CA. I love it! I'm still losing tiny amounts here and there so I guess I'm still doing well in the grand scheme.

I am truly proud of myself though! I can't complain too much, I've been sticking to my workout routines. I have also been leaving those deadly chips alone. Today is day 17 without them. Wow! I'm on a roll, can't stop now!

Hey LilMiss

Glad to hear things are going well for you...small victories over time WILL mean success. I believe this - I have to, for my own sanity!!

I know exactly what you mean that sometimes you just need to start over - I'm someone who changes my job/employer about every 5 years (on average)...I just like change.

Wish I could say I was in sunny California...it's about 45 degrees here today, and for some stupid reason, the building I work in is testing the a/c.....BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Small victories over time will mean success. I like that. I'll have to remind myself of that often.

I'm down another pound today. We'll have to see if that sticks.

I totally forgot to exercise yesterday, but when I looked back over the day I realized there wasn't anywhere that it would have fit, except if I had planned for it and done it at like 5 a.m. or something.

I plan to go running this afternoon. I'm having a good day.

MOrning all!

What a mixed-up day and it isn't even 6am! Usually by now I am at the Y, and finishing my body work before I start my aerobics, and today I'm in my housecoat at home having a coffee! The cats are all confused....they too like routine and this is all wrong. DH had a shift change, so instead of him starting at 6, he had to start at 5 and that just completely threw out our schedule. Oh well, I'm gonna have a shower, another coffee, and then hoof it to work (that will be 35 min brisk walking), and then try to get to the Y this evening....I hate the thought of being lightly sweaty by the time I get to work, but I won't push too hard/sweat too much as I will walk at a moderate pace, and besides, I don't have a choice.

It is supposed to be a nice day, lots of sunshine and it is Thursday (finally)...and my top up fill really does seem to be 'just right' (so far)...I'm eating, but a LOT less, and I'm not thinking of food all the time.

Enjoy your day, VVs and if you see one of our 'long lost VV posters', ask them to pop in and update us all. Marathinner, Gibson, Want-it, Audone, Rhap, Ezma, CoolCrystal.....where are you?