Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I have my psych eval covered and I'm curious as to what it will contain. For those of you who had the psych eval what kind of things did they ask? What kind of things were they looking for? I guess I'm just curious as to why psych eval's are required.....

Hello, I'm scheduled for my psych eval on april 14th and am excited and a little nervous too. I understand why they need it but still kinda scared I'll say the wrong thing. When is your appt? Let me know how it goes.

Every dr does them differently. Mine had a 700 question bubble test. when he ran it thru the computer it told him what kind of questions to ask me, and how many. The doc talked to me for like a half and hour or less. They just want to make sure you know what you are getting into, make sure you can handle the changes, and identify posible past issues that would hinder your weight loss. It's really no big deal. Mine passed me. My BFF has to do one or two counseling sessions due to her husbands alcohalism. No big deal. Just takes time--like 3 hours.

My psychologist just let me talk about things...she did not ask me any specific questions right away. But I chose to go to therapy during my six months of supervised dieting, because I figured it could help me better prepare for the road ahead. A few weeks ago when I finished my six months of dieting I told her I felt i was ready to stop therapy for a while. I thought she'd protest, but she was completely supportive and wrote me a wonderful recommendation letter. It was not a scary process at all, whether you go for one visit or several.

i dont know ur reasoning for wanting wls...but i kept telling the phsc. i just want to b healthy...of course i did and do...but i did leave the lil part out about...I'M SICK AND TIRED OF BEING FAT AND I WANT TO LOOK BETTER!!!!!!!:thumbup: i went on and on about what a helthier lifestyle i want to live and passed with flying colors...they let u do most of the talking

My phsyc eval consisted of multiple hours of being interviewed and fill in the dot tests...

The best part was I got off a line on my pshyc eval test and I failed it... They thought I was a nutcase I bet. So they called me and told me I had to come retake a new test.

Took like 3 hours to do the second test. By the end of it I almost couldn't care less if I had surgery it was torture.

Everyones is different I hope yours is better.

Mine never even discussed food with me, I think she was intrigued by my crazy family... lol - seriously, we talked for an hour and food never came up!!!

I didn't have any kind of paperwork, she just sat down and talked to me about my family, how I ate as a child, what I hoped to get from the surgery....very basic.

Unfortunately the way she coded it I won't get money back from my insurance :-(

I just had my psych eval like 2 weeks ago, it went really well. The lady was really easy to talk to and she basically wanted to know my entire life story in an hour. She asked me all kinds of questions, she wanted to know my ambitions and goals and what I am looking forward in the future. She wanted to know about my childhood and what my home life was like growing up. She asked about my parents, their medical problems, and their marriage. Then she asked about any medical problems I had. She wanted to know if my husband was supportive of my decision and if he was going to be there for me. She even asked about my sex life and how things were going in that department. She briefly went over the diet expected with the band (the nutrition appt covered ALL that though) Then she told me she would definately recommend me for surgery. I was really nevous when I went for my appt but once I got in there and started talking to her I calmed down alot. Then before I knew it we were done!