Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am doing this for me.

Today, as I was starting my daily workout on the treadmill, I was debating shortening my time because I just wasn't feeling it. Instead, I said out loud, "I'm doing this for me" and I kept on going. Thank you for this post!

Today, as I was starting my daily workout on the treadmill, I was debating shortening my time because I just wasn't feeling it. Instead, I said out loud, "I'm doing this for me" and I kept on going. Thank you for this post!

Cristina, you so totally ROCK! That made my day on a day that I needed it. I am getting banded tomorrow and I am on Clear Liquids right now.

And you made my day with this post on a day that I really needed it! Being on liquids was tough, my boyfriend was getting sick of going to the japanese restaurant for my Soup every other day, but I got through it and you will too. And you'll love yourself for it! Good luck tomorrow, I'll be sending good thoughts your way, keep us posted!!

When the hospital calls at 6 am on the day of your surgery and tells you the surgeon can't perform the surgery that day,

Tell yourself, "I am doing this for me."

Seriously, tho. That happened to me this morning. Total bummer.

When the hospital calls at 6 am on the day of your surgery and tells you the surgeon can't perform the surgery that day,

Seriously, tho. That happened to me this morning. Total bummer.

Oh wow - sorry to hear that. Was your doc sick?

Did they re-schedule you?

Did you have to travel or was it local?

If that happened to me I'd be in trouble going so far from home and taking time off work etc.

I sure hope it gets re-booked for you quick!

I have an appointment with one of the surgeons' partners tomorrow and they will try and have him do it next week on Tuesday. It is local, but just disappointed.

I have an appointment with one of the surgeons' partners tomorrow and they will try and have him do it next week on Tuesday. It is local, but just disappointed.

I'm sooo sorry to hear this. I hope that they can work everything out to get you back on the schedule ASAP....I think I would have flipped out on someone!

Maybe this is supposed to be a little test from appove to see how commited you are...try to keep smiling, we can't wait to call you a bandster too!!!

I just got back from meeting with my new surgeon and I am all re-scheduled for next Tuesday, April 21st. So a few more days of Slim-Fast heaven and I will be a bandster.

I almost cried when i read this post. I couldnt have said it any better. I showed it to my wife and she really understood.

When chicken broth is a welcome change.

by the way, I am officially a bandster April 21, 2009. I am home now and recovering nicely.