Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I the only one who doesn't know how many cc's are in my band?

It is odd, I am usually someone who wants all details, etc., however, I am not overly interested in how many cc's are in my band. I never thought to ask, just as I never thought to ask what type of band was being put in. I trust my surgeon, I am losing weight, and whether or not I have a lap band or or a realize band or if I have 4 cc vs 8 cc's there isn't much difference in how I should expect to use the tool, right??

I did learn that I have a realize band the last time I had a fill.

Is there anyone else out there who usually is right on all the details, but just doesn't feel the need to know everything about the band, or am I the odd duck?

I too was thinking the same thing today. I am 3 months post op and have only had 2 fills with little to no restriction so far. I have no idea how many cc's are in my band. I care more about my restriction which I know may take quite a few more fills. I might ask on my doctor at my appt. next week just for fmi.:sad:

i have NO idea how many cc's are in my band...lol...and i get asked that all the time...i'm like should i know that...how about this...just the right amount...lol...i found out i was getting the realize band 15 minutes b4 surgery...if ur a duck...than quack!!!!quack!!!!quack!!!!!

It is odd, I am usually someone who wants all details, etc., however, I am not overly interested in how many cc's are in my band. I never thought to ask, just as I never thought to ask what type of band was being put in. I trust my surgeon, I am losing weight, and whether or not I have a lap band or or a realize band or if I have 4 cc vs 8 cc's there isn't much difference in how I should expect to use the tool, right??

I did learn that I have a realize band the last time I had a fill.

Is there anyone else out there who usually is right on all the details, but just doesn't feel the need to know everything about the band, or am I the odd duck?

Nope you aren't alone or the odd duck - After surgery all I knew was that my DS told me that my Doc said I had the new cadillac band - (turns out to be the new AP band that came out July 07) 1st & 2nds fill didn't ask & doc didn't say how much he put in all I ever cared about was that it worked. One time the doc said I had large then small and the only reason I know now how much is in my band is that I had to get 99% of my 3rd fill taken out - If I remember correctly I have 5 cc - and I think I have the large - assume thats the 14 that everyone is talking about... But don't really know - like I said - all that I am concerned with is that I have restriction

In the beginning I asked the then long time banders - why is everyone so concerned with how much was in their bands - when in all reality - I could have .01 and be at my sweet spot and you could have 10 cc and still not be at yours.

I don't remember the exact answer - but they said I was right it really didn't matter..

IMHO I think pple to focus too much on how many cc's are in their band - As stated all that really matters is that you have restriction - and that can change as you lose the fat inside around your stomach

I haven't had a fill since 1/08

Got to my sweet spot in 2 fills and then what ended up being just a tweek of .01 cc in 1/08

I think we're all different. Just because I know what type of band I have, how much it holds, and how much is in it right now doesn't mean I focus on it. It just means I know that information. I also know what type battery is in my car, but don't know how to change it! LOL I'm a nursing student, interested in most things "medical" right now, and find it interesting, but I'm sure that isn't the case with everyone who wants to know.

We're all different, as i said? It's my body and I want to know. If you don't, that's your prerogative. No big deal either way. It doesn't make you "odd" if you don't care, it doesn't make me "odd" if I do.

I got banded 09/07/07. I never even asked what size band I had until about 3 months after surgery. I ask the doctor and was informed I had a 10cc band. I never asked how much I had in my band. About 3 weeks ago I had a fill. It was to tight so back to the doctor to have some removed. That is when I found out I had 8cc in a 10 cc band. Now I have 7 but I know know that 8cc is to much and 7cc is to little. I going in 3 weeks so I will ask for .2cc and go from there.

weight.png