Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Those that have had surgery this week

Scooby, I'm so glad to hear that someone else felt "hungry" after surgery. I was a little nervous because I'm feeling hungry. <sigh> now I feel better, lol.

Hi Terri,

I still feel hunger but it seems to get better if I just drink Water or put something in my stomach. Today I ate a SF Dark chocolate pudding and must've eaten too fast beacuse I felt SOO FULL and it was NOT a good feeling! lol But, dang, that pudding was good!! I think the Protein shakes really help the hunger too, but there is only one type I like and I am afraid of burning out on them, so I try to limit them to 2 per day.

You just had surgery yesterday!?? How are you feeling other than the hunger? Hope you are doing okay. I know the first couple of days weren't the greatest. Trust me, it gets a lot better after the first 4 or 5 days. I am at one week post op and other than an occasional twinge from an incision, I have no pain. Just hungry sometimes. Good luck to you!:thumbup:

Hi JT,

I started full liquids today. I'll be on those for 2 weeks. I had gas and bloating right off the bat. I tell ya, the feeling of having to burp and not being able to is the pits! :thumbup: I'm told if I walk a lot it should calm down in a couple of days. Since my surgery was yesterday I haven't had any bm's yet. Hopefully that will help with this bloated feeling too.

Now you know you shouldn't weigh yourself too much. I think they say 1 -2 pounds a week, so, sounds like you're on the 1 a week plan for now. I bet when you get your first fill you will lose it faster. I hope the info has helped. I'm jealous that you get mushy food on Sunday, lol. :thumbup: Keep up the good work JT!:smile:

Terri

Columbus, Ohio

Thanks for the encouragment I'm down well for the week jsut not as much as I was a couple days ago. I go back to work Tomorrow that will help we walk during our breaks or at lunch.

I love Columbus I'm from the Dayton area I used to go to Columbus and hangout some on the weekends.

Edited by JayTee562

Hi all,

I logged on last night and wrote a detailed experience of my surgery but when I clicked submit it disappeared! I was so mad! It took me 30 minutes! So heres a more brief one.

I had my surgery on Tuesday afternoon. I felt okay right after, but it was pretty much been downhill from there. I walked down to the computer center in the hotel just now to post and thats the most Ive gotten out of bed today. It felt really good to sleep and sleep and sleep because I havent really since a couple days before my surgery.

Ive been in a good deal of pain and my aunt had surgery 20 min after I did and shes doing a bit worse than me. I usually have a very high tolerance for pain so this is somewhat strange for me. Doc said no Protein, only Clear Liquids for 1 week so I have no energy. Im sure that that is a huge factor in me not feeling very well. Gotta find a grocery store around here and get some of that special K Protein Water.

I must say, the gas pain was BAD but walking felt sooooo good. I must have walked 4 hours the night of my surgery and early that morning. It was really the only way to get relief. I dont know if Mexico is just against drugging their patients into a near unconsciousness, but thats what I really wanted and they werent giving it to me. Kind of disappointed because I dont think I should have had to be in that much pain. It just wasnt necessary.

I'd sad 90 percent of my gas pain is gone and I feel mas bueno. I can still feel some gas right under my boobs. Im just a little tender but getting up is pretty easy. I have 5 incisions! My mom only has 3 and was done by the same doctor and she was heavier than me at her surgery. They are all small though so we'll see how that goes.

This is kind of gross, but for some reason the mere act of sitting on the toilet brought SO much relief. Even if nothing comes out, you can feel the gas move down. It felt sooooo good. My aunt was burping a ton but mine seemed to be coming out the other end.

I hope everyone is feeling well and if anyone has any questions at all I would love to answer them.

I think about food a lot. Can't really tolerate much, but I don't like thinking about food as much I'm doing. I hope it will pass. My liquids I sip all day and when full just stop. I do need to get in more Protein.< /p>

Hi Everyone! My surgery was on the 22nd. Had to be there at 7am, surgery was at 8am, was in recovery at 9am and went home at 1pm. It all went pretty smoothly! Since I have been home I have been pretty sore, but not too bad. Gas pains are not good, and I don't know if anyone else has had any problems coughing, but man it hurts to cough and I feel like I have so much junk that I need to cough up and I can't. It takes alot of concentration and holding onto my stomach. I had a slight cough and cold before my surgery so that is probably what is causing me to need to cough. Other than that, so far so good. I am supposed to start my FULL liquid diet today, but I am very nervous!!! I think I will try a Protein Shake first. The thought of some kind of Soup or pudding sure does sound good though....:) Congrats to everyone!

Ok, as far as the Protein Shakes go....I am gonna get some carnation instant Breakfast and I also bought some ensure..vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry flavors. 8 oz of it has 9 grams of Protein, which is good, but it also has 23 g of sugar. Doesn't that seem like too much sugar? I don't know what I should be drinking at this point. There are so many choices...which Protein Drink is best?

I found some Atkins Protein Shakes at Target the other day with 15g of Protein and I think only like 3 grams of sugar. Cant have them until next week but they look tastey!

Ok, I think the ensure that I was drinking definately has too much sugar in it! I drank about half of one...about 4 oz, then I took a nap. When I woke up I had bad diarrhea..sorry...but do you think it is because of the sugar??? I hope nothing else is wrong. My stomach is rumbling like crazy. I hope I didn't screw up already!!!

i had my surgery 2 days ago on the 22nd. i am sore but not needing any of the meds they prescribed. walking is a chore b/c of a spinal injury last year but i still walk as much as i can each day. i am finding that i am not wanting to eat or drink anything, like i am paranoid about everything now. i miss my dr. peppers and real food and find myself wanting to sleep alot. i have lost 4 pounds in 48 hrs.

katie

Hello California 29,

I'm supposed to be band by Dr Zapata the 18th of May. Did you say they gave you no or little pain meds? I don't want to be in pain I may have to change my mind about this. I'm have no room for pain. How did you like Dr Zapata and his staff? Was they as nice as everyone said they was. I'm gonna be in a wedding the 23rd of May in McAllen and going to be down there for that so I thought might as well go to Monterrey too. I'm from Ms but having 2nd thoughts now. Another things was you worried about getting the Swine Flu.

My surgery was on the 27th at 0930. Only in there an hour, easy post-op wake up and to my room. Stayed for 23hr observation, out the next morning after a barium swallow to check the band. I got to see my band under fluoro which was really cool. I could see it fill up the pouch then go thru the band. They made me GULP it. I had a headache post op from no morning coffee, but other than that, just tender at the port incision. I only have two incisions which is really awesome! My doc said it's a new technique he uses.

Home now day two, it's hard to get in all the Fluid that I"m supposed to. I'm working on it though. Wandering around the house, walking around in my garden, moving all the gas around. The gas was pretty pronounced yesterday surrounding my heart and left shoulder. It's pretty much gone today. My belly is swollen but I can already tell it's starting to go down.

I had some unjury chicken Soup today, it was pretty good. Lots of Protein in there.

Feeling a bit weak, but really excited that I did it. I'll keep ya posted. :ohmy:

Hello shellynrn, Glad to hear that your doing well. Can you tell me who was your dr and where did you have ur surgery at? Keep up the good work>>

Hello shellynrn, Glad to hear that your doing well. Can you tell me who was your dr and where did you have ur surgery at? Keep up the good work>>

My doctor was Jeffrey Crooms and I had it done at Tallahassee Memorial Hospital in Tallahassee, Fl.

I just LOVE him, he's so great.