Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

***bunny bandsters april 09 master thread #2 ***

I feel full, but i don't know if it's the gas or if it's what i'm drinking. I have to learn how to separate the two. I try not to read so many conflicting post cause I know I will be confused. But I just have to get the gas out, then I can begin to learn what fullness and the band should feel like

Hi All,

I am just about to go up to my room and pack for hospital. I leave home tomorrow morning, ahead of my surgery on Wednesday.

I feel really emotional and weepy. Mostly because I've just said goodbye to my mum and dad. They don't know what I'm doing and they think that I'm going with my husband on a quite exciting business trip (which he really is doing- and therefore a good cover) for two days. I feel really awful to be doing this behind their back, and I am dreading how I'm going to tell them what I've done on Thursday when I'm home again. I don't think they'll approve, and I don't want them to worry about me.

I won't have any visitors on the day of surgery as it's 100 miles from my home, and as my husband will be 400 miles away in London, and it's all beginning to hit home.

Boo! Hoo!

I am so glad I have this forum, and reading all the stories so far, I am reassured that it will be okay. Good luck to all my band buddies, and all the other bunnies still to go!

x

Just peeping in to see how everyone is doing. I'm three days past surgery and feeling almost 100% normal. I actually wish I could exercise but I'm not going to push it. My doc has me on pureed starting today so I have a pureed tuna casserole in the oven.

Hi All,

I am just about to go up to my room and pack for hospital. I leave home tomorrow morning, ahead of my surgery on Wednesday.

I feel really emotional and weepy. Mostly because I've just said goodbye to my mum and dad. They don't know what I'm doing and they think that I'm going with my husband on a quite exciting business trip (which he really is doing- and therefore a good cover) for two days. I feel really awful to be doing this behind their back, and I am dreading how I'm going to tell them what I've done on Thursday when I'm home again. I don't think they'll approve, and I don't want them to worry about me.

I won't have any visitors on the day of surgery as it's 100 miles from my home, and as my husband will be 400 miles away in London, and it's all beginning to hit home.

Boo! Hoo!

I am so glad I have this forum, and reading all the stories so far, I am reassured that it will be okay. Good luck to all my band buddies, and all the other bunnies still to go!

x

Hi Early, Just sending you a hug and best wishes for your upcoming surgery. Be strong. You will do just fine and soon your husband will be back and you will be on the road to recovery. I know it must be hard doing this without telling anyone--I didn't tell anyone except my husband either! But in the end it will be worth it. I had my surgery on April 16th and I am feeling great now. That was only four days ago!!

Hang in there and know that we are all here for you. Feel free to PM me if you like and keep in touch. You CAN do this!

Thank - you SO MUCH, scooby-doo!! It's lovely to find someone in the same boat. I've just had a big hug from a friend in the know, who popped round with a candle for me! So feeling a bit stronger! Glad to hear you're feeling well, as I was getting worried about the amount of pain being reported from some of the other bunnies.

xxxx

hey! i was banded on the 16th of this month. wow! as much as ive researched and read up the past year i still felt like i didnt know a lot as i was scared of messing up some how :rolleyes: with the help of my hubby i am doing pretty well. on my liquid diet now eating bout a 1/2 cup Protein shake for Breakfast , strained clam chowder for lunch and or dinner and a sugar free fudgecicle :wink2:

while on the liquid diet are Snacks ok? and drinking while or soon after meals since u need to keep hydrated?

thanks for inviting me to the april bandsters thread! :sad:

~ steph

hey i was just banded on the 16th if u have any q's let me know!! :crying: ~ steph

hey i was very scared:) but things went beautifully :crying: u can find me on msn messenger: wretched_thoughts@hotmail.com or AIM: GuppysOneAndOnly. ask me anything! ill sign on now if u wanna chat.

Early- thinking of you! Hope all is well and can't wait for your update!

Steph- FYI, we have a thread for those of us banded on the 16th.

Terebel- has the gas decreased at all? I swear walking & heating pad did wonders for me. I'm still a little bloated but nothing like before.

I have pain around my umbilical area. Had my first bowel movement this am (boy the things we find ok to talk about), Still excited. I'm thinking about unhealthy food, that's not cool. But still sticking to liquids.< /p>