Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Months & Still Can't Believe I Did It!!!

Hi gang! It's nice to meet you all. I'm new here, giving a shout out from Colorado!

I had Lap-Band surgery 2 months ago on February 4. I wanted to do this for so long that every single day I can't believe I've actually already done it and am on a completely different road toward a new and healthy life.

I lost 13 lbs before my surgery and as of my last weigh-in at the time of my 2nd fill, I'd only lost 7 more lbs., but since my fill six days ago, I think I've dropped another 6-8 lbs. (hard to say since it depends on what time of day I'm standing on the scale).

I was really, REALLY depressed when I didn't lose any weight after my first fill, but this second fill is really doing a great job and right now, I'm losing like crazy. That's also what my body has typically done with other diets, too (including the pre-op diet) -- plateau for a while and then suddenly dump half a dozen pounds literally overnight. Crazy body!

I'm still exercising daily and am feeling tons more energy and I love that I've lost about 1.5 sizes -- started out as a size 26/28 and I'm now wearing 24's and 26's. Can't wait to say goodbye to those 26's forever, just like I did with the 28's!

Anyway, I'm so excited to meet all of you guys, and to talk to other people who "get it". My husband listens to my bandster stories all the time, but he'll just never understand the way you guys do. I'm so happy to know I'm not doing this alone, especially on those days when I'm really struggling. It's great to meet you all!

Hi Tubcat,

Congrats on your weight lost. I also had surgery in Feb (2/23/09). I didn't do any pre-op diet. My surgeon didn't require/recommend me to do one so I didn't lose any weight pre-op. However, I did lose a total of 20lbs since surgery and has went down about 1.5-2 sizes. I actually can fit into a 20!!. I am glad I did the surgery. Looking forward to the new me. Good Luck!!

Cassie

Hi! My surgery was February 10. I lost 17 pre-op and since surgery have lost 28 more for a total of 45. I'm out of the 3X/26-28, in 2X/22-24 and some of that stuff is too big. My third filll is scheduled for the end of April. Once upon a time, I had set a goal of 50 pounds down by June 12, but here it is April 8 and I'm down 45. Never, ever in my life have I set even a little weight loss goal and met it but here I am, staring one in the face. The pride and excitement is an incredible feeling, isn't it?!?

Hello! Nice to meet you and welcome to LBT. Great story :glare: There's gonna be so many more for you to report and we all love hearing them.

Keep up the great work!

Hi! My surgery was February 10. I lost 17 pre-op and since surgery have lost 28 more for a total of 45. I'm out of the 3X/26-28, in 2X/22-24 and some of that stuff is too big. My third filll is scheduled for the end of April. Once upon a time, I had set a goal of 50 pounds down by June 12, but here it is April 8 and I'm down 45. Never, ever in my life have I set even a little weight loss goal and met it but here I am, staring one in the face. The pride and excitement is an incredible feeling, isn't it?!?

CONGRATS!!! YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!:blink: