Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Curves members?

Hey everybody! I've been working out at Curves 3-5 days a week for almost 3 months now and am toning up great. I've only lost about 5 lbs and maybe 6 inches though. I've been at a plateau since January and am very frustrated.

I'm eating no bread/pasta/rice... and making sure to get all of my Protein in. My weakness is chocolate during TOM.

So, I'm thinking about doing the Curves Weight management plan (with 3 phases) to break through this plateau. Is it possible that I'm just not getting enough calories and have hurt my metabolism?

So... what I wanna know is, have any of you done the Curves Weight Management plan with the band and how do you break through the plateaus? I'm going for another fill next week, right now I've got 4ccs in a 10cc band.

Suggestions? Advice?

Hello congrats on your weight lost.I go to curves and when I first started I stoped losing as well I had to up my calories to start losing again.It was difficult to up the calories I did it with ice cream which I am sure is not the healthy way.I was banded in May of 08 and have lost 90 lbs.good luck

Thanks, Alice! Sounds like you're doing amazingly! I would love to lose 90lbs!! You go girl! I am thinking I need to increase my calories a day to raise my metabolism, but I'm thinking that adding in a boston creme donut from Dunkin, is probably not how my doc would recommend it... But, boy would *I* enjoy it!! LOL

Another question... do you ever feel tender in your port area when doing the ab machines? I was doing the crunchy one the other day and my port area felt sore... hmmm, I slowed down and quit trying to kill the machine... but it kinda scared me.

I am a Curves member. I have hit plateaus mostly this year and it came from not tracking my food. I started using the "The daily Plate" last year and it went my the wayside earlier this year and the weight loss stalled and got really slow at best, despite me working my butt of everyday.

I enjoy Curves and it has helped me loss weight and tone. Do you guys have the SMART program there? I really liked that it and it really is worth it. They take all your measurements and then you get each machine calibrated to your range of motion and strength. I can burn about 600-700 in 30 minutes - seems high to me but I can not hold a conversation while working out and I continue to sweat on the 10 min ride home.

I will say before the SMART, I used to talk and have a good time with the other ladies, now all you hear is the swishing of the machines and not chatter unless you are stretching.:smile:

I use the Curves Smart program, and it tells me I burn about 450 calories per workout, and I'm excited b/c that doesn't even include the walking in place on the recovery stations.

I really need to start tracking my foods. I get so frustrated with that, especially if I don't know exaclty how much food it is or if it's prepared at a restaurant and I am not sure what numbers to put in my journal. When that happens, I usually give up b/c the OCD kicks in.

I have been going to Curves and using the Smart since December. I burn any where form 500 to 650 a workout. As the OP said I'm now on a 2 week 5 day plateau. I'm so frustrated. I got within .4 of my 100 lb mark and have been bouncing back and forth with 2-4 lbs. I also wonder if I'm not eating enough I eat between 1000-1300 daily. I did take a 3 day break and ate about 2000 calories a day and gained 5lbs. This scares me so much. I don't won't to spend the rest of my life on 1000 calories a day to maintain. If anyone has advice please let me know. my biggest weight was 411, I was 367.4 day of surgery (9/30/08) and this morning I am 270. I still have so far to go and this plateau is killing me. I have gotten so depressed in the last couple of weeks.