Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hit a new low today as we are getting ready to head out on our cruise. I gained 13 pounds on our first cruise. Here is hoping I do better this time.

Just came back from an 8 day 2 weeks ago. Gained 2, which I lost within 36 hours of getting home so that was all Water which was probably retained just because of traveling in general. Carnival has some items that are on the dinner menu every night, including a shrimp cocktail with 4 shrimp, grilled snapper and marianted and grilled flatiron steak (which is extremely lean). There were nights I had the snapper because the other entree offerings were just too fat. The hardest thing was avoiding the soft serve ice cream on the Lido Deck, LOL. There was a salad bar at lunch on the Lido Deck every day and it was easy to cruise the buffett lines and pick a meat I could add to my salad. Good luck...and have lots of fun.

We are supposed to be planning a trip to Vegas this month or next, it got moved back due to me having to be re-banded, and I am so nervous about it. There is so much food in Vegas and it will all be so tempting!!!! I sure hope I have some good restriction after my first fill at the end of this month

Billoh-

have fun on your cruise! I dont know about you guys in Ohio but here in Michigan we just got 6 inches of snow so I am so jealous of you and your cruise at a nice sunny place :smile2:

Have fun and post pictures! I'd love to go back on a cruise. The last one was pre-op.

Yep, I took the kids on a 3 day cruise to Mexico so I could start my liquid diet. We had a blast, I think...I was so lethargic from not being able to binge I think I slept alot. But the ice cream, hot chocolate, and Soups were the best!

When we departed the ship, we got in the car and headed to Tijuana...got banded later that day.

Whew, that was about 2 years ago.

We are back! Weigh in will be tomorrow morning to see how we did. I did have a couple of issues to discuss.

I ended up gaining 3 pounds, lost it again in 2 days. I think I gained the most on the travel day back home, stuck in the airport for hours. I did have a diet related incident the first day. Will add more later. Hit the gym everyday and loved the running track.

I booked a trip to Vegas for May 9-12th. I am really excited and looking forward to it. I plan on utilizing the exercise facility in the hotel every day and walking the strip for extra exercise. Hopefully that will help with all the enticing foods!

I thought I would give a few more details for those interested. While very successful in keeping the weight under control and getting lots of exercise. I did have a couple of problems. One was on the first day. This can get kind of gross, but I think this is the proper place to relate it.

Normally when we cruise, my cell phone gets turned off as soon as we get on the ship. No cell phones, no internet is my idea of a vacation. This time I had to leave it on for awhile. We were cruising with my sister and her husband. They were flying in from a different city. We arrived an hour before them and decided to go to the buffet lunch. I was having a piece of chicken as part of a good choices lunch. My cell phone rang and I thought it was their number so I answered. Turns out it was one of my customers and I didn't want to say I'm on vacation and hang up so I talked to them for a few minutes and addressed their needs. There are two things I use to do a lot that I can't do and that is eat and talk on the phone or eat and drive. Sure enough I didn't chew well and got a piece of chicken stuck. My wife knows the routine, I think this is incident #3 or 4. I told her I was going to get up and walk. That frequently helps.

As I was walking I past the station where you can buy the unlimited soda package, which we passed on for the first time on this cruise. However, now they are offering a package where bottled Water could be purchased and delivered to your cabin. While a bit pricey, I decided this would be a good idea. While I was filling out the paperwork, my blockage got worse and I broke out into a severe cold sweat. I was nearly in a panic mainly because on a cruise you don't want to appear to be sick in from of the crew as there is a risk of being put in quarantine for the entire trip.

I got through that and went into a nearby Men's room with the intention of vomiting up the blockage. On this severe of blockage its the only thing that can be done. Wouldn't you know it there were 3 or 4 pre-teenage boys just hanging out in the men's room. The ship was filled with far more kids than we are use to as it was Easter week. Again I was suffering a lot of pain and waited till they left.

The rest of the week we started each day at the gym and on the running track. After 30 years, it was great to run outside again! Royal Caribbean had some great choices every day including some wonderful sugar free Desserts. We did reward ourselves a couple of times after running an extra mile or an extra work out. Twice we used the ice cream machine and had a small cone. Once at dessert we had Royal Caribbean's legendary warm chocolate cake. Twice we shared tropical drinks. We ate lots of fresh fruit.

I had one final incident involving not chewing the cheese a top the Onion Soup. Other than two times were I was careless we did a great job and have both already lost the pounds we gained.

That is one thing that I am worried about. We are going with another couple and they do not know I got the lapband. My husband knows I have to eat slower and chew, chew, chew but I am afraid that our friends will wonder what is going on with me. It doesn't matter because I have to do it regardless but I am hoping that they just think I am a slow eater.