Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Protein Supplement do you Prefer?

I put a scoop of body fortress chocolate whey Protein and an Atkins shake with 3 ice cubes in my magic bullet every morning and drink that for Breakfast. It's 42 grams of protein right off the bat. The rest of my food throughout the day more than covers my required amount. BTW, the magic bullet is a wls patients dream machine. I use it several times a day and see doing so for a long time. I got mine at Walmart for around $50.00.

Hi

I am getting banded on 4/27 and am on opti fast now. I have tried the Myoplex from GNC and did not like it. I think I will try a few from other's suggestions.

Bought the Isopure Alpine Punch powder. I choked it down yesterday...it was like taking medicine. Today I mixed it (1 scoop) with milk (8oz) instead of Water and threw in a banana and a handful of frozen blueberries...so much better! I bought more of the EAS Advantage Carb Control chocolate Fudge ones...love them!

I'm so glad my doc never requires Protein drinks (actually says they're a no-no after solids, so it's my choice to use these immediately post-op and probably just after fills too. Living on Protein shakes everyday long-term like some do here would be the pits (and why bother getting the band).

Well the nutritionist that my surgeon uses told me to use the Medi-fast shakes you order online so I just got those and figured I'll have to sweat it out if I don't like it.

I have to disagree however with whoever it was who said that getting Protein in isn'tt hat big of a deal right now. Yes, out bodies have plenty of nutrients to utilize already but not matter how much you way your body can NOT synthasize Protein. If you don't get enough all it can do it break down the protein already in our body (ie muscle). I would much rather be breaking down fat at this point and the more mucle I have the easier that is to do. So make sure whatever you choose has plenty of protein in it.

I have tried a couple of the Protein supplements that you can buy single servings of, and am trying to figure out what I want to stock up on before I need it. (I've tried Top Care and powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury, and they were both good. Although I hated the strawberry Unjury, the chocolate one was good).

Please tell me what brand/type/mix you found that you like.

Thank you, in advance!

My favorite brand is Jay Robb many good flavors,mixes nice also there is this dry peanut powder to add to drinks Very yummy.very filling.

I went to Sams club and got the EAS chocolate Whey Protein and made up my own shake recipe.....

1 cup ice chunks

1 cut 2% milk

1 equal packet

1 1/2 scoops Protein Powder

Blend until smooth and it tastes amazingly like a chocolate milkshake...you can also add a banana, some strawberries, whatever you want.

You do have to buy a large bag of it...I think 70 scoops for 27.00, but those ready made shakes were EXPENSIVE!!! This is much more economical and I have it every day for breakfast.....by the way....there are 40 grams of Protein in this shake!!! That's pretty good!!!!!

I haven't had but a couple since I didn't have a pre-op liquid diet.

My favorite so far is powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup. 20g of Protein in 8oz!

I also like Atkins Mocha Latte 15g Protein.< /p>

I tried GNC Cookies and Cream bleh! It was nasty!!

I went to Sams club and got the EAS chocolate whey Protein and made up my own shake recipe.....

1 cup ice chunks

1 cut 2% milk

1 equal packet

1 1/2 scoops Protein powder

Blend until smooth and it tastes amazingly like a chocolate milkshake...you can also add a banana, some strawberries, whatever you want.

You do have to buy a large bag of it...I think 70 scoops for 27.00, but those ready made shakes were EXPENSIVE!!! This is much more economical and I have it every day for Breakfast.....by the way....there are 40 grams of Protein in this shake!!! That's pretty good!!!!!

Thanks for the recipe! I have a bag of this, I need to try that :)

I use the unjury powder...either chocolate or vanilla. I rarely mix them with skim milk, but add a scoop to an Atkins vanilla shake and 2 tbsp of Peanut Butter and throw it back in the frig for 45 minutes or so. Yum!! Approx. 42 grams of protein! Sometimes throw in a banana and skim milk on top of that, but the calories start to add up. I also bought (on the advice of Eggface (blogger), some Max Protein, but have yet to try it. I'm going to make some Protein ice cream tonight.

I have a Magic Bullet, but was watching QVC last night and they have a knockoff Chef Essentials brand for around $28.00 with almost all the accessories you get with the Bullet. For shakes, a Bullet-type blender is great!

FYI, for some great recipes, I found that the blogger Eggface has some great ones. You can find her at:

theworldaccordingtoeggface. Even though she isn't a bandster, she has had weight loss surgery and has some amazing healthy recipes. :thumbup:

I use Fat Free Mootopia (12g protein) with Carnation Instant Breakfast (No sugar Added) in the blue box or can...(5g protein). It's the only one that I like and believe me, I've tried them all.