Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

unique motivation to exercise

Get-A-Dog.

Get a spunky little chihuahua or a terrier- something small and insane would work best. Then, leave them cooped up in your house all day while you work. By the time you get home, the dog will be running around screaming like a two year old with a sugar high.

My dog and I go jogging together every night. When I get home from work, she actually goes and finds her leash and starts dragging it across the house. There's no way I can say no to that kind of enthusiasm. It actually keeps me going - even if I could say no to me, I can't say no to my pets.

Then- to make matters worse, I actually have four dogs- not one. The other three are either too small to run that far on their tiny little legs, too overweight (we’re working on that.) or too old. So when I get back from my two mile jog, I have to gather up all four dogs for another mile walk. I absolutely get my exercise in every single day.

Seriously though. If you have trouble motivating yourself to exercise, find a way to exercise where not only you are counting on you, but someone/something you care about is also counting on you. Take your children walking in the evenings. Take up Tennis with your teenager. Play soccer with your husband. Run with your mutt!

Off the topic- and because I love my dogs so much- check out this youtube video of my little mutt (the one running around like crazy) and my little Chihuahua (the one chasing the crazy mutt) They didn’t used to have this much energy. I think the exercise is doing them all a lot of good too.

that is just to precious! yes your dog is nutz! so darling and love the tiny guy. what a great way to make sure you get out there. Well my hubby is so very supportive and he also needs to lose some so he assures me he will make me move. Right now I can barley walk with bad knees, hips and back. When I get banded and drop a little I'm sure I will have an easier time walking and he will help me stay motivated! good luck with keeping up with the crazy mutt. :thumbdown: