Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello June Bandsters!

Hi Guys-

Just wanted to find out how all the June babies are doing!

I was banded on 6/15 and I have had 2 fills(one real fill and 7 days later a little more)

I'm down 32 lbs. but have been for several weeks- i'm at a plateau and I don't like it!

I know I sometimes make bad food choices- the bad thing is I can eat just about anything.......I'm trying to go for Protein, fruit and veggies- but sometimes chips and chocolate find their way into my mouth!

I'm tightening the belt now! Going to join the local fitnes center- weights, bikes, treadmills, classes and I'm committing to 4 days a week.

Must drink more Water too! And how about those Vitamins I bought and haven't opened? That's it- my inner drill sargent is going to kick my @ss into shape.

How are you all doing???

Hello Kiwi,

I was banded 6/22 and I've had one fill. I think I have pretty good restriction. I've lost 35 lbs so far. I've found that since my fill I'm not as hungry. Has anyone else noticed that?

Barbara

Banded June 9. I started at 203 and am down to 181 (22 lbs.)!! That's not as much as you guys! Good job!

I was able to jog over a mile this week so I'm happy for that! I've had two fills and more plateaus than losses, but it'll all come off in the end. Patience is the key!!

Tricia H

Guest Kennysgirl

Hello! I just had my 1st fill on Wed. It was a breeze. Am slowly adjusting to banded life, wishing weight would drop much faster. I do understand that's not my goal, but can always wish. When I look at the ticker I feel like it will take forever. Any thoughts let me know.

Amy

Banded June 27, 2005

Dr. Carter

Congrats to you all....I started @ 316 and I was 270 this morning..so that's about 46 pounds. My true weekly weigh in is on monday so we will see where I am then. I have had one fill I am at 2cc's, I don't get hunger but I have had some female problems which I tend to munch more...I think that is stalling me a little. I just try to aim for 2 pounds a week....and snacking now consit of carrots, low fat string cheese..you know.

For the Vitamins - well they were opened but I should be on another bottle now. I was going to Y until I had got lazy again and the female things going on...So we are going to start back up AGAIN.

Everyone is doing great...isn't a great feeling to be such a great LOSSER. haha....

Kim-

Okay, now I'm jealous- 43 lbs.!! You go girl- Can you give me a sample of your daily menu- I need a kick in the but to get me back on track!

Wow! You guys are kicking my butt! I was banded on the 10th and I'm only down 20lbs. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm following the banster rules and eating right, etc but I'm am just not losing. I haven't lost one pound since July 4th. I'm starting to get really discouraged!

Congrats you're losses are excellent!!

Hey Guys,

I am down 32 pounds as of today! I am eating very well and loving my band. This is the best thing I have ever done for me in my life. I have lost 5 pounds since seeing the nutritionist on the 15th of August. So that is pretty darn good. You guys are doing great. Keep eating right and exercise and you will see the pounds go. I am working out 5 times a week at my local Y and eating my Protein first and then my fruit or veggie. It is going really nice and I appreciate everyone's support!

Angie

I got a fill finally and it was a hell experience (no need to go into it all again) but it's okay, I got the fill and it has really set in. I had two PB's in the last two days because I was pushing the bounds too much. I got REALLY depressed about the PB's, they were both just really, really dumb. They mean it when they say that it make take a week or two for the fill to "kick in".

That being said.....as of this morning I've lost 30 lbs since surgery and add that to the 6 pre surgery so I'm at 36 lbs. Wow. I'm also fighting the "female trouble" right now and that always makes me stall. I seem to go stair steps style when I lose. Nothing for a couple weeks then *whoosh* a couple lbs go.

Weird.

Hey Keri, Thanks for the nice words... I very so much from day to day on what I eat. I normally will have and egg or yogurt or some slice deli meat w/ cheese for Breakfast. lunch is normally chicken or tuna salad (made with dill relish and ff mayo) or deli meat w/ cheese, or 1/2 grilled chicken salad and a fruit of some sorts. I normally have LF string cheese for snack or the protien chips from Kay Natural or carrot sticks. dinner well that just all depends, I have been eating ALOT of grilled or baked fish, chicken, pork loin and a veggie. I try to drink all my Water every day plus some and I think that helps alot. I do have a SF York Peppermint Patty every eveing. It's small and it taste great.

I journal everything, I count my caloires and I focus on protien first and then a fruit or a veggie. I eat until I am satified and I eat off a saucer. I stay away from big plates...the bigger the plate the more food goes on.

Hope this is somewhat helpful....maybe we could all journal our food on a thread under food...I know that really helps me because if it goes in my mouth it goes on the paper.

Everyone is doing great keep up the good work!!!!

I am not a big loser compared to you guys but I KNOW I am going to succeed. I am down 16.5 pounds since June 7. I have had two fills. The last one was last Wednesday. I started working out and plan to start dropping soon! I must NOT have frozen yogurt, ice cream or chocolate. Had a mini binge recently but compared to what my binges used to be--it was a mini.

WE CAN DO IT!

Hi everyone, I was banded on June 15th and so far I'm down 23 pounds. I haven't had a fill yet, going for my first one this friday and I can't wait I need it. I have not had any problems with being sick, or bp'ing. I feel like I can eat whatever I want so I hope a fill will fix this.

Sara

Wow- so many of you

have had such

great success.

I am only down 23 pds & have had more plateaus than loses. I think the problem is I may be too full- my fill that is. I have had two & am at 1.5cc. I feel good but sometimes its hard to eat enough. But its weird it all depends on what I eat. If its Protein I am totally done in about 6 bites. And when its that time of the month- well its like I am not banded at all- I can & will eat anything:0( So I don't want a unfill at all. Its tough to figure it all out.

What has been the hardest for me is I didn't think I would be dieting after the band. I guess that I am not but I feel like I am. I mean I watch what I eat & than get full really fast but am Mentally still hungry alot of the time. I feel deprieved still even though I know I am eating really anything I want - just very small amounts. Does that make any sence?? LOL LOL

One thing is for sure, I totally need to step up the exercise & be more consistant.

Well hopefully I can catch up to you guys! Congrats on all your accomplishments.

Wow, don't know how I missed this thread before. I'm a June bandster too (6/2)! I'm down 37 as of last Monday--more by this Monday I'm sure.

I've been working out like CRAZY!. I don't remember the last time I did less than an hour (minmum) of aerobic exercise during the day. That's just what it takes for me to lose--AND to keep my head. Whenever I get frustrated, angry, depressed, etc and want to eat I jump on my elliptical or head out the door. It generally takes about 12 minutes for a funk to lift and I start feeling good. I have FINALLY been working out at a level where I get that "runner's high" (although I'm not really running). For those who haven't experienced it, it is a very real phenomenon. The problem is you have to be in good enough shape and work out long enough to get there. Now I seem to be getting a "high" about 30 minutes into my walk (very fast pace--with hills) so I end up walking longer because of it. Sometimes I actually have to force myself to stop because my feet will be sore the next day if I push too much.

I don't think the MENTAL importance of exercise is brought up nearly enough. It isn't only for your body. It's good for the head too!

Hi banded on june 9th had some port problems had to have my port moved and so on so long time before first fill however I am down 35 pounds having another fill sept 13th really bad first 3 months with all the problems but hope all is well now best of luck to everyone and I hope everyone of us has good health and are happy with our weight in the future keep up the good work thanks