Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am currently undergoing all of the preliminary appts. with the hope of being banded in July. Are there any other Massachusetts bandsters out there who have had or will have their surgery at Tobey Hospital in Wareham? The only folks I know who have used this surgery team have had full gastric bypass. Please send me a note if you are a patient of Dr. Kruger or Dr. Streeter. I'd love to hear about your journey and share mine with you as well. Thanks.

I am currently undergoing all of the preliminary appts. with the hope of being banded in July. Are there any other Massachusetts bandsters out there who have had or will have their surgery at Tobey Hospital in Wareham? The only folks I know who have used this surgery team have had full gastric bypass. Please send me a note if you are a patient of Dr. Kruger or Dr. Streeter. I'd love to hear about your journey and share mine with you as well. Thanks.

Hi, Had my surgery with Dr. Kruger on March 26th. I know you will love the care at Toby, they are great and the team Dr. Kurger has put together for the pre- op and post- op are all caring people. Good for you,

Marie

Hello and welcome to LBT! I didn't use that surgeon but I wanted to say hello.

If you go to the main page you can find a thread by state and you might have more luck finding someone in your state :smile2:

I am just starting my journey with Dr. Kruger although at this point I don't know if I fit the criteria. I will be going to the seminar next week.

I am 61, 5'1.5" and weigh 200 pounds

I am so set on having this done but I don't know if HP will cover it. My bmi is 38

What do you think?

Hi there! I am from MA and am having my sugery on 6/19 at Lahey Clinic Burlington

Hi. I don't have a date yet but am hoping for a mid-July surgery. I will have mine done in Wareham, Tobey Hospital. It is a local hospital, real small. What part of Mass are you from?

I went to the preliminary seminar on Tues. with Dr. Streeter and I have my appt with him on June 1. I hope I will qualify for the surgery. I am leaning more toward the lap band but then I worry about the plastic in my system and what happens down the road with it. Then I switch to the rouex y procedure. I am not sure which way I will decide. I am about 80 pounds or so over weight.

Maybe we will meet up during a group meeting :)

hey there all....just got banded on 5/5.....have lost 20 lbs so far....live in Milford, MA.....had surgery at Brigham and Women's with Dr. David Lautz.....starting to get kinda depressed....maybe that has to do with the diet and metabolic changes?.....anybody know?.....to all those out there who are getting banded good luck!....also does anybody know how to put the weight loss ticker on your profile?

Hi all, Have my psych/nutrition consult 6/9 @ lahey!! Can't wait to get this ball rolling!

HI

I just wanted to wish you good luck with your banding....I am thinking you have prob. already had it done.

In any event, I am still quite a ways away ...the psy. gr. meetings are full already for Aug. so I prob. won't get those done until Sept. Also, I was told that they only band once a month.

Well good luck with your surgery

Lois

hey there all....just got banded on 5/5.....have lost 20 lbs so far....live in Milford, MA.....had surgery at Brigham and Women's with Dr. David Lautz.....starting to get kinda depressed....maybe that has to do with the diet and metabolic changes?.....anybody know?.....to all those out there who are getting banded good luck!....also does anybody know how to put the weight loss ticker on your profile?

Dr. Lautz....that's going to be my guy too. As far as hospitals go, the Brigham is top notch. I was born there, had my thyroid and gallblader removed there, I wouldn't go anywhere else.

I too am just at the beginning of my journey. I booked an appointment with my primary for Sept 4th to get my 6 month supervised diet under way. I haven't gone as far as booking the initial consultation with Dr. Lautz yet since I have to get this stupid diet out of the way before my insurance company will even listen, but he is my top choice and luckily listed within my insurance network.

At this point I'm actually getting away from banding and leaning more towards standard bypass, but he does both.

What frustrates me the most is this dumb diet they make you do! My bmi is 42, which means I'm already hovering close to the magic number so I have to lose SOME weight, but not TOO much because it will disqualify me. I can lose weight, but everyone knows the odds of being able to keep it off. It's going to be a miserable 6 months :crying:

I just had my 2nd visit with the nutritionist...I have lost 8 pounds. My BMI was 38 before I lost this weight and I worried that I may not qualify. I was told that they pass in your original weight to the insurance company. They only want you to lose some pounds to help with the liver not being so inflammed for surgery. So don't worry :crying: