Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone. I'm having my surgery April 27th. I see a lot of people have to do their pre-op diets for 2 weeks but mine is only for 1 week. That means I have 2 more weeks of "pre" pre-op dieting to go. I haven't really made any changes yet but I do want to start pre-paring myself for some of the behavioral changes I'm going to have to make. For those of you who have been banded already, what did ou do prior to surgery to prepare yourself for the changes to come? What do you wish you'd better prepared yourself for? I know one major thing I'm going to have to work on in the next couple of weeks is weaning myself off diet soda. Any other advice?

Congrats to you! I am new here too-

For me- not having the ability to chew for pre=op was hard- I love Soup and yogurt and thank god I was able to have them.

I am not a big Water drinker but love tea- so switching to that was easy during the day- I could do without soda so that isnt a problem either- There are so many wonderful flavors of crystal light out there i just imagine it is kool aide- minus all the sugar and calories.....

The other big thing for me was not drinking while eating and actually not using a straw- I now take sanitzer with me when we go out (and did it pre op to prepar) to wipe down the cups unless I have my own. I just dont trust restaurant dishwashers....:eek:

Good luck- I have found such an overwhelming amount of support from here in such a short time-

lisa

Currently on my pre-diet... Giving up soda not going to be real hard... I gave up caffeine about a year ago so at least I didn't have to do that at the same time. Biggest thing for me is I miss the chew factor. I have been chewing alot of sugarless gum to cut the chewing craving. As far as preparing I was mentally prepared for the post diet but didn't know until 3 days prior to my first pre surgery diet day that it was going to occur... So It' been kinda BANG!!! treating it like I planned post surgery... Soon know surgery is early Wed morning..Welcome aboard...

I've been wondering about the pre-op preparations too. I have a really bad diet soda habit. Will the pre-op diet help prepare me for the post-op diet or will I just feel frustrated post-op?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches