Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all Im toot:redface: and i was banded on 3/25.

I have a ?! I have a hard time telling when im full?

Am i supposed to feel that blah feeling i did before surgery?

I have friends tell me they feel it in their chest? Im confused, i dont drink to much for fear of getting full,i dont want my pouch to stretch, but sometimes im still hungry when i have eaten 3 hrs prior...Is this normal? does anyone else feel like this! Advice is welcome:rolleyes2:!!!

First, what you are feeling seems to be normal.

Second, you should not be afraid to drink because that will not stretch out your pouch. In fact, drinking plenty of fluids is very important.

Third, since you were just banded just about two weeks or so ago, you are probably on full liquids moving in to mushies? It is normal to get hungry at this stage as the swelling from your surgery comes down. After that swelling goes down, you may not feel any restriction until you begin to get your fills from the doctor. So do not expect to feel that "tightness" that you've heard about for awhile. Just follow the rules that the doctor has given you. Try not to test the boundaries of your band too much but do feel free to eat and drink ALL that your instructions say you should be able to. There is no benefit in depriving your self at this time. These first few weeks are all about healing, not about losing weight. There will be plenty of time for that later. So, enjoy some yummy creamy Soups, some healthy shakes, and other liquid calories while you can. However, do keep the total calories down so you don't gain what you've lost already.

Welcome to this journey. I'm sure you will do great.

You haven't been banded that long and probably don't often actually get that "full" signal. There is a time period before your first fill that we refer to as bandster hell. You feel hungry all the time but don't eat because you're afraid of overeating. liquids do not stay in your new "pouch" -- they pass through the band opening into the rest of your stomach. That's why liquids will never give you that full feeling and also why you aren't supposed to eat immediately before, during or immediately after a meal .... the liquid can wash the well-chewed solid food right out of your pouch and rob you of the feeling of satiety. Where you are now, if you prepare a meal of 3 oz. lean Protein (about the size of a deck of cards), a steamed vegetable (not corn or peas, because those are actually starch) and a small amount of carbs (like four Triscuits or similar cracker), then you are doing really well. Eating that way consistently will most certainy NOT stretch your pouch.