Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill Trouble?

Hi All,

I got my first fill just over two weeks ago and it all went fine, apart from the pain when pressing on the port, but got the saline in there and off I went.

I went back the other day for my second and after five very painful tries, the doctor gave up trying to get the needle in my port. I was really upset, half from the pain and half from the disappointment, and walked out in a flood of tears. Thank god my fiance was there with me this time!

I have to go back on the 16th and get my fill under x-ray. Just wondering how many others have to get their fills under x-ray? And is getting fills really painful for anyone else? I can handle the needle, but the pressing on my stomach really hurts me.

Also, where is everyone's ports located? I thought that generally they were off to one side... Mine is smack bang in the middle of my belly, about an inch above my belly button. I'm worried it is going to stick out once I have lost more weight...

Also wondering

Hi there

Sorry to hear your having a bad time with you fills.. I am due at my sugeon next week as its been 3 weeks since my surgery so no fills for me as yet. He did say that he doesnt do the fills and that he would send me to someone else to do them. He said that he uses a x-ray machine when it comes time for my fills. Hope the 2nd fill works out for you. As for where the port is placed im not sure but i will find out next week...

My port is slightly to my left just below my large scar. I don't have my fills under xray but I have heard of it being done before in cases where the port has slightly flipped to the side or some such. Good luck!

Hi, I had a fill yesterday, my 3rd. The port is in the middle just under the scar. My doctors can feel it with his fingers and I haven't felt any pain to do with the fills yet. It probably depends on how many fills your doctor does whether he/she is an expert at it.

Hi guys

I had my first fill the other day, 4mm in a 10mm lapband. Doctor Dolan said to have liquids for first few days than go back on to normal food. Well went back on normal food, had 2 peices of lamb in a lamb korma and ended up bent over the loo for 2 hours....lamb was well chewed but blocked my lapband! not nice! anyone else having this problem?

Hi there

I had my lap band on the 23rd March this year....I wont be having any fills for a while. I am upto 10mils....As for meat, well honestly I havent been able to have any kind of meat. I tried twice and like you it doesnt stay in....They say to make it moist and soft by adding maybe a sauce or some gravy so why dont you try that. I am not much of a meat person so it doesnt bother me at....Good Luck...Let me know how you go.....:cool2:

Hi

Mine is 12ml band and I have 10ml of liquid so far and havent had any for a while....Doctor will tell you when to stop. If you arent loosing weight then you need to go back to the doctor. One lady i met at the doctors office had her band done 2 years ago and put on weight and then lost weight and then didnt stick to diet. She then went back to the doctor and had the liquid all removed out and reinserted slowly...she is now loosing weight.....So keep an eye on your loss of weight and if you are loosing weight then no need for more fills....