Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HATE this liquid diet!!!

heyy everyone sooo tomorrow will be my LAST day of my pre-op liquid diet (since I'm having surgery on monday @ 7:30 AM)! I'm really hating this diet..I have been drinking New Whey liquid Protien 42 (in fruit punch)...I can safely say that shit is the worst stuff I have ever tasted! Anyways, so in this liquid diet phase has anyone else just felt completely shity (aside from being hungry), like having headaches, feeling like ur burning up all the time, or constantly tired (like no joke it has been hell trying to keep my eyes open these past couple days)? soo has anyone else experienced this....I wanna know if this is normal

I'm going to say that I can only imagine! Sounds crappy. My pre-op diet was two whey Protein Shakes (chocolate flavored) mixed with skim milk and two meals that each consisted of 3 oz. lean Protein and a steamed veggie. Post-op wasn't so terrible even though I had 10 days of liquid -- I mean, it was a wide variety of liquid and most of it tasted pretty good. I can see that giving up carbs, caffeine and all your other vices along with things like CHEWING would be pretty awful. At least you're at the very end. Surgery is a speed bump. Down for a couple of days and then you're on your way. GOOD LUCK!

I was on a total liquid diet with a specific list of what I would eat at each meal with either New Whey or Isopure at the end of the day (Isopure made me gag, so I held my nose to get down the New Whey). My nutritionist warned me that lethargy would be a problem because I was getting in less than 1000 cal a day. Sounds as if you are going through the same thing I was tired, grumpy, and felt awful, but I also knew that relief was coming.

Keep in mind that the purpose of this diet is to shrink down your liver for a safer surgery.

Hang in there! Only one more day! It sucks now, but once you get your band tomorrow, you will be on the road to a new you!

Good luck tomorrow!

thankss guyss...i'm feeling much better today..even though my dad is making me clean like crazyy ahhh oh well can't wait for tom. =]

It sounds like you may be dehydrated. Remember when you are on a liquid diet, keep yourself well HYDRATED. Because you are drinking all of your food, you may have a tendency not to want to drink additional Water, but it is very important that you drink 64oz of water a day. The hot feeling may be a low-grade fever because of the lack of hydration.