Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Third Fill is the CHARM??

Tuesday had a different Dr do my fill. He hit the port the first time, and talked to me about my experiences with my previous fills. He decided to take a more agressive approach, THANK GOODNESS. He said that I adjust way too quickly, maybe the nerves makes my tummy swell. So he make me a little tighter. I had explained that my insurance is changing and they are not too thrilled with my band and adjustments and that I may be self pay.

Oh and I asked him if I had a hole in my band. I told him that I lost restriction so fast last time that I just have to have a hole. He laughed, told me that is a common fear but very very infreaquent. He said I just needed a adjustment.

This Dr was fantastic. He was so great with me. Also, I just learned what it felt like to be too tight. I am glad he did it. I never knew. I feel stupid, even getting stuck, there were signs that I ignored, that feeling in my throat.

I THOUGHT IT WOULD JUST BE IN MY TUMMY!! But it's not, DUH (light goes on)

Okay, he uses the floura thing and I had to drink the barium, but I was starving. He filled me and I felt a tightness in my throat. Wasn't sure what it was. He had me take a drink and I took a big swig like usual. He stepped back with a little smile on his face and asked how I was feeling. I told him funny. He told me, with that same smile that he could see what was going on, it was not going down. OH THAT IS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE. Okay, so he loosens it up and lot and I feel this relief as the barium goes down and he has me wash it with a swig of Water. Then he goes in for the real fill. I took a small swallow a barium, it went down slow, but it went down. He made me drink Water and see how I felt. I felt RESTRICTION, like after surgery. It was nice. My last fill, I didn't feel anything after a couple weeks, NOTHING. I was very disappointed.

But guys, he listened to what I said about my previous fills and how my body reacted. I left with STRICT instructions - Clear liquids only then protien drink. I have been very careful and am taking it slow. But for the first time in months, I have restriction and I know I am going to loose the last 25 pounds, I think I want to be in the 160's, but I'm not sure.

I had gained a couple pounds, to 193 but I am back down and then a little more. I really feel like this is it, this is what I had dreamed of. THIS IS THE RESTRICTION I SO DESPERATELY WANTED.

I guess I am writing this because maybe the dr who is doing your fills may not be the one for you. Who knows, maybe you don't have a choice, and I do so understand that. But talk to them, tell them how you feel during, days after and weeks after. My first fill 5.5 cc, my second 5 cc and I could not make the Dr understand WHY LESS. This time 5.8cc and I am snug. Seems a point something cc is enough for a good fill.

Not ready for more than mushies, but so very happy. Applesause and cottage cheese and pudding never felt so good.

I was told that I am in the norm, 4 to 6 is normal. But at least I felt too tight so I know what not to have and I know what the funny feeling in my throat is. So now, I slow down, stop, and change.

I love my band so much!

That is awesome Debbie! I am glad that you had a good experience. I have been lucky with my doctor, but he is still not as aggressive as I would like. I thought I had it with this last fill, but I am loosening up. I can tell that I am eating more than I was a month ago. Either way, you are doing such a wonderful job! Keep being my inspiration. I am less that 2 pounds away from onderland! I think reading your posts has helped me stay motivated. It doesn't matter that you don't post often. When you do post, you always say the right thing in the right way. You rock!

That is awesome Debbie! I am glad that you had a good experience. I have been lucky with my doctor, but he is still not as aggressive as I would like. I thought I had it with this last fill, but I am loosening up. I can tell that I am eating more than I was a month ago. Either way, you are doing such a wonderful job! Keep being my inspiration. I am less that 2 pounds away from onderland! I think reading your posts has helped me stay motivated. It doesn't matter that you don't post often. When you do post, you always say the right thing in the right way. You rock!

Slim,

Not sure if I am having problems. Sometimes, not all the time, it feels like the food is in my throat and I feel and hear a little glub. I do not burp food back into my mouth, but it is like a little air bubble. As I said, he made me real tight and I am still on mushies. At first even Water went down slow. That has let up and whoosh now. So not a problem. Mornings, REAL TIGHT so I work with it. I can eat watery oatmeal, and cream of wheat. Baby fruit and veggies go down wonderfully. pudding, no problem. Protien Drink, I use ice to make a shake, mmmmm, no problem. But cottage cheese, goes down real slow. Please make me feel better, I am okay - right?????

I should mention that my new insurance SUCKS :crying: They still cannot find my Dr with the group I want. They say he isn't in that group. I sent a copy of my old insurance card showing he is. Stupid fricking asses :drool: Okay I need to watch myself here, emotions make me tight too! Anyway I need this fill to work, I just need your inspiration. Like I said, I do not burp up food into my mouth, but sometimes, like with cottage cheese, I feel like it isn't going down and I feel a little glub, or bubble. And in the mornings, I can hear weird sounds when I drink Water.

I think I am just weird. But PB is puking into your mouth, right????? Maybe I am grasping at straws.

But, it is slow, but I do have progress. Little by little I am getting looser.

HELP

Debbie :laugh:

You aren't crazy. The feeling in your throat is where I feel it when I am eating too fast or the bite was just a little too big. It is worse in the mornings. My doctor said that is because the esophagus (sp?) is a muscle that has to warm up just like any other muscle. So first thing in the morning, it will be more difficult to get your solids down. What he recommends is starting the day with a warm drink to help losen everything up. I do that every morning. By about 9 (my first break at work), I am ready to have my Breakfast (it's really more of a snack). PB is basically throwing up in your mouth. The gurgle, blub feeling takes some getting use to. When I feel that, it just reminds me to slow down and make that next bite smaller.

I am so sorry that you are going through so much with your insurance. Insurance is supposed to be there to help, but it always seems to cause so much trouble. I hope everything turns out ok with that situation.

I have been bragging on you. Several people have commented on your words that I quoted in my signature. You are touching more lives every day the way that you have touched mine!

Everything will be fine with this fill. Just remember to take it slow. It will losen over the next few days and you will wonder where that restriction went. Stay blessed!

You aren't crazy. The feeling in your throat is where I feel it when I am eating too fast or the bite was just a little too big. It is worse in the mornings. My doctor said that is because the esophagus (sp?) is a muscle that has to warm up just like any other muscle. So first thing in the morning, it will be more difficult to get your solids down. What he recommends is starting the day with a warm drink to help losen everything up. I do that every morning. By about 9 (my first break at work), I am ready to have my Breakfast (it's really more of a snack). PB is basically throwing up in your mouth. The gurgle, blub feeling takes some getting use to. When I feel that, it just reminds me to slow down and make that next bite smaller.

I am so sorry that you are going through so much with your insurance. Insurance is supposed to be there to help, but it always seems to cause so much trouble. I hope everything turns out ok with that situation.

I have been bragging on you. Several people have commented on your words that I quoted in my signature. You are touching more lives every day the way that you have touched mine!

Everything will be fine with this fill. Just remember to take it slow. It will losen over the next few days and you will wonder where that restriction went. Stay blessed!

Slim, what would I do without you. I feel so much better. I have been eating too fast! And now I understand why watered down hot ceral felt so good in the am. Maybe to start the day with some hot milk to loosen up the "pipe".

I had started to freak. And, when I am upset I am tighter. So I have been killing myself. I feel so much better.

I will follow your Drs rules. I don't get to see mine anymore! What a piss off. But at least I have you and the group.

Okay, slow and steady. I can do this.

Thanks so much, I really mean it from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU. Even 6 months out there are questions. But I guess it never ends.

Thanks for caring Debbie:wub:

You are most welcome! I am so glad that I get to be there for you the way you have been there for me! Talk to you soon! Let me know what happens with the insurance.