Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Joined the club - 7/25/05 - Still Scared and Silly over all this....

I was Banded or as I say (I had my stomach handcuffed) on July 25, 2005 in Maumee, Ohio at St. Lukes Hospital with Dr. Duckett and Dr. Oweiss.

I think I am doing ok - I'm down 33 lbs. from my start of my 1200 calorie diet on July 5, 2005.

I have had some problem with reflux - we are not even sure - cause it's not the typical reflux symptoms....I have been praying this will straighten out and stop as I never had these type of problems pre-band.

I just wanted to be able to walk (I have bad arthritis in my right knee and I was starting to walk like my grandma used to). I felt so vulnerable - like I couldn't run away from anything if I needed to....

I am hoping to find hope and comfort reading on these boards - I feel like my whole existence has been wrapped up in this crazy Quest to conquer this terrible disease of obesity.

Pray for me and I will pray for all of you also.

Congrats on a successful surgery! I took Prilosec for a few weeks post-surgery but it resolved as the swelling went down and I healed and wasn't so "tight". Read up on Reflux here. It happens with banding so you are sure to get good feedback. Just 60 more to go...good for you!!!

I just wanted to be able to walk (I have bad arthritis in my right knee and I was starting to walk like my grandma used to). I felt so vulnerable - like I couldn't run away from anything if I needed to.....

Oh Yeah. I have arthritis in my left knee & ankle. Same story. Walking like a Granny at 40 yrs old. Every once in a while it would cross my mind that all the women in my family live into their 70's or longer - and I didn't think I could take another 30-40 yrs of ever-increasing pain.

Thank God for the Band. Now we have hope for a healthy future.

(AND, if unfriendly aliens land in our backyards, we MIGHT be able to get away! LOL)

We're all rootin' for you. Good Luck!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches