Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another Banded Buckeye!

Hello! I'm not banded yet, but hope to be by June '09. I am going to the seminar at Mt Carmel West on April 8. Dr. Price has been highly recommended b/c he does the procedure w/ only 1 incision. I am a self-payer b/c my employer didn't elect to have the WLS policy rider added to our benefits. I know from reading all of the threads on this site that there are many in OH that had to pay for their procedure out of their own pockets. I would love to hear from you if you are one of those poorer (but thinner) souls!

Good luck on your journey.

I was banded on May 28, 2008 and will never look back. Even though you are a self-payer plan on the process being at least 3 months. At the meeting you will get a packet of info, send it in and then you will receive another packet of info on what type of clearances that you need. You must have all of the clearances and paperwork into the office before any type of scheduling that can be done. You will also be required to visit with the dietician at the hospital and go to a group class too. Also, Dr. Price is a busy surgeon and takes a while to get on his books for surgery.

Don't want to rain on your parade but there are just a few extra steps that you have to do before getting on the table. Check out the Mt. Carmel Board for more info.

Hi Sweetbean. I had Dr. Price and really liked him really well but I have also met folks who went to Dr. Curry in Cincinnati due to being self-pay and saved I believe about $8,000 so its worth considering for sure. (I think Mt. Carmel costs about $20K and Cincy runs $12K) Curry has an office here in town for follow up appts. Check out the next Columbus Polaris mall gathering for May and you'd be able to meet those who went to Dr. Curry.

If you want to stay in Columbus, I highly recommend Dr. Price.

Hi Sweetbean,

I went to Dr. Curry seminar in Cincinnati the self pay price is $13, 000 and includes fills for the first year. I decided to go Dr. Mujeeb Siddiqui at Miami Valley Hospital ($17,000) because, Dr. Curry does his surgeries at his own office/surgical center. If they are any complications they would have to call 911 then transport you to the hospital.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches