Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approved!!!! 48 hrs. BCBS, Low BMI

Doing the Bunny-Hop Here!!! Da-da da-da da da...DA DA DA! I'm an April Bunny for sure now...they're stuck with me!!! 'Cause I'm approved!!!

It took only about 48 hours! I have Highmark PPO Blue (BCBS of Western PA- Pittsburgh). My BMI was low, but I didn't go below the 35 BMI minimum for my 6 mo. diet (so I only lost 9 pounds). If anyone else has this insurance and needs help, just send me a PM and I'll be glad to share.

Off to hop around some more!!!

I also have Highmark BCBS. I am scheduled for May 27 at West Penn. Just named one of the top 100 hospitals in the US. Thank God since I am older and don't like the idea of any surgery.

I am just about finished jumping through the hoops, but I do have one worry.

I haven't lost any weight since I started 5 month ago.

My BMI is 40.1 with medication for hypertension.

I would say I am A-OK except for the lack of weight loss. I didn't want to go under 40.

What do you think?

I'd check your specific policy and I'd talk to the insurance person in your surgeon's office, but here's my advice.

I only needed one comorbidity (of the big ones, like hypertension) treated with medication to be approved with a BMI between 35-40 (I also only have hypertension treated with meds.). So if you fell below the 40, I think you'd still be fine. You absolutely do not need to lose anything (both AGH and Magee actually told me to keep it between 5-10 pounds and not to go below the 35 BMI), but if you gain even one pound they can deny you. If you have a pound or two wiggle room between where you are and the 40 BMI (just to be safe), then I'd try to lose those 2 pounds by the 6th month. I believe it's also OK to go up some months as long as you don't gain for the total. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with. Highmark's the best...I sure feel fortunate to have them!

Edited by Band_Groupie

That's awesome! I have my last appointment with my doctor for the 6 months next Friday, and then they will send everything in to UPMC (my insurance). I am also in Pittsburgh going to Maggee as well. I am really anxious though because my BMI is also between 35-40 and they said that UPMC insurance is really strict. I will be so upset if I'm denied!

Anyway, glad it worked for you. Let me know how the op goes. :thumbup:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches