Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band Out, Sleeve In! It's done.

I have always admitted to being a big worry wart.

I am going to try some egg salad tomorrow.

I think you said you had 15 pounds to lose before the surgery and you've already lost 13. Since you're 2 pounds from goal and didn't have any of the band issues that WASA, Susan, and I had, it makes sense that you're recovering fast and can eat more.

I gained 15 lbs when my band was loose but I could afford to lose more than that. I still had an overweight bmi so I am hoping I can lose 20 all together and the scale has been stuck for the last week.

I don't get why I can eat more though because our stomachs should both be the same size.

I have real trouble with diarrhea so I am glad to be moving to mushies. Even with mushies though I bet I have the same trouble because a lot of the foods like

cottage cheese are milk products. I should buy some

lactaid when I go out.

Edited by Oregondaisy

I don't get why I can eat more though because our stomachs should both be the same size.

In the early days, the size of your stomach is determined by how swollen it is. That's individual.

Why are you eating so much dairy? If you're on the soft diet, you can have Pasta, meatballs, flounder, talapia, other soft fishes, tuna salad, chicken salad, omelettes, etc.

I gained 15 lbs when my band was loose but I could afford to lose more than that. I still had an overweight bmi so I am hoping I can lose 20 all together and the scale has been stuck for the last week.

Not sure how to explain it differently than we have. You know the difference between soft slider foods and hard solids, it's still the same thing.

Actually, the stomachs are not the same size. The amount of stomach that is removed can be anywhere from 60-90% depending on the surgeon and the patient's anatomy. Mac's point about the swelling on point. Some people don't have a lot of post-op swelling and heal quickly. With less swelling and more room, they can drink more easily and consume greater amounts of food. Remember, healing is generally complete at 6 weeks for the majority of patients.

The bottom line is that you're losing a lot of weight. You lost 13 and have 7 to go to get to your new goal and you're only a month out.

has anyone gained 20 lbs in one month w/the band? obviously i have been very bad but OMG! THAT is also w/the esophagitis, gastritis. just wondering........?

I got the sleeve before I gained anymore weight from having a worthless band. I could see myself eating right back to where I started, since I felt like I had no band at all. Dr. said if I got anymore fills, I would go back to puking in my sleep.< /p>

I lost that 7 lbs when I was on clears for 10 days. I just started on soft/mushy food. I talked to Nina and she said that I should wait the full 10 days to start mushies so I did

you can have Pasta, meatballs, flounder, talapia, other soft fishes, tuna salad, chicken salad, omelettes, etc.

I am not a fan of eggs at all but I just had some egg salad and I could not eat more than a couple of bites. It felt like when food is stuck with the band, so I stopped eating. I will not eat pasta at all because I am down on carbs. Carbs just make me crave more carbs. I did have that fish. I am not sure what kind it was because it was

in that Healthy Choice frozen meal. It was good though.

This is going to be interesting.

has anyone gained 20 lbs in one month w/the band? obviously i have been very bad but OMG! THAT is also w/the esophagitis, gastritis. just wondering........?

The band never gave me restriction so I fought to lose the weight on my own and fought everyday to keep it off. The problem was, the esophageal burning from the acid reflux and the not being able to get sleep was getting to me. If I slept in bed, I woke up choking on acid so I slept in a chair for a few hours.

With esophagitis and gastritis, you eat foods that kill the acid reflux and those are creamy, non-spicy, soft foods... packed with calories. I could have easily gained 20 pounds in a month. The reason I got the revision was firstly for my quality of living and secondly, to lose weight.

I am sure I could have done that. I gained 7 lbs one weekend,when I was under a huge amount of stress. I am a big stress eater so I am sure I could have easily gained 20 in one month eating ice cream and brownies if I let myself eat as much and as often as I wanted to.

The band and the sleeve both allow candy, sweets, and other empty calorie foods to slide right on down. Thankfully, those foods are not my problem. I could look at a dessert buffet and walk right on by. Hot bread and butter... not THAT I would have a real hard time with. LOL. Since I know what my trigger foods are, I keep them out of the house.

hi my name is violet and i have a fatass bc i am addicted to sugar

LOL. You crack me up! I'm fat all over... mine does not discriminate.

hi my name is violet and i have a fatass bc i am addicted to sugar

:thumbup: I'm only fat from my neck down to above my knees ... other than that, it's GREAT ... LOL and I love sweets AND bread and butter ... especially warm sourdough ... mmmmmmm