Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band Out, Sleeve In! It's done.

Right, but that would fall under my thousand $$$ deductible. I can go to the dr. and pay a co pay but any tests come under that deductible.

Well, you have no problems now so make sure you take the 2 multi-vits a day and see how it goes.

Thanks. Dr. Aceves also told me to take Zinc. He said Hair loss was related to not enough zinc. I need to pick some of that up too.

Yesterday, it rained all day and it was my final day off from work. I needed a day to do nothing and relax and, for the first time, I experienced head hunger. I fought the urge to eat because I was not physically hungry and waited to eat until dinner time.

For dinner, I was actually able to eat a small chicken cutlet cut into little pieces and about a 1/4 cup of steamed green Beans. Dr. Aceves stressed to not get into the habit of eating inbetween meals and of eating healthy foods when you do eat so that's what I've been doing.

I guess down time can be a bad thing. LOL.

I maintain that no matter what surgery you have, the real work is developing new coping patterns and breaking bad habits. My free time is very limited because I work a FT and a PT job. However, I do find I think about food when I get the chance to do nothing and that includes watching TV.

One of the things I enjoy, and haven't done in a long time, is counted cross stitch and other forms of needlework. I went out and got a small project to do. The idea is to keep my hands busy so they can't pick up food. LOL.

I eat sf popsicles in the evening and that helps with the wanting a snack after dinner.< /p>

I eat sf popsicles in the evening and that helps with the wanting a snack after dinner.< /div>

My "trigger time" seems to be late afternoon. I'm done with cleaning, laundry, etc., and dinner is usually planned out and/or ready to go so I have some "down" time. Once I have dinner, I can't fit in any Desserts or anymore food or drinks. LOL.

I went through some head hunger issues last week. I think it had more to do with frustration over the darn scale though. It didn't move for almost two weeks. I am exercising just about every day and still just barely hitting between 600-700 calories a day. I was getting really frustrated. As a result, I started doing the, "well, if I am not going to lose any weight I may as well eat such and such", with my idea of "such and such" being something salty and crunchy. I ate one cool ranch dorito and quickly changed my mind for fear of getting into old habits again.

Fortunately, I got on the scale today and suddenly it is moving again. I have lost 3 pounds in 3 days, thank goodness. Lets hope it keeps moving this time.

I went through some head hunger issues last week. I think it had more to do with frustration over the darn scale though. It didn't move for almost two weeks. I am exercising just about every day and still just barely hitting between 600-700 calories a day. I was getting really frustrated. As a result, I started doing the, "well, if I am not going to lose any weight I may as well eat such and such", with my idea of "such and such" being something salty and crunchy. I ate one cool ranch dorito and quickly changed my mind for fear of getting into old habits again.

Fortunately, I got on the scale today and suddenly it is moving again. I have lost 3 pounds in 3 days, thank goodness. Lets hope it keeps moving this time.

Yay! Congratulations on the scale moving. I was going nuts jumping on and off that damn scale and decided to stay off and try and weigh monthly. My clothes are fitting looser and people are beginning to notice I am losing... progress. LOL.

I am worried about how much I am able to eat. My bf brought me a healthy choice frozen dinner. He did that because he knew I wasn't cooking these days. I was able to start mushies yesterday.

I ate the entire piece of fish and whatever portion of broccoli came with it. I would say a half a cup. I did not feel full or stuffed. I just felt not hungry, if that makes any sense. I remember Elizabeth and Susan saying they were full on like 3 bites. I would say that piece of fish was the size of a 3 x 5 index card.

I am worried about how much I am able to eat. My bf brought me a healthy choice frozen dinner. He did that because he knew I wasn't cooking these days. I was able to start mushies yesterday.

I ate the entire piece of fish and whatever portion of broccoli came with it. I would say a half a cup. I did not feel full or stuffed. I just felt not hungry, if that makes any sense. I remember Elizabeth and Susan saying they were full on like 3 bites. I would say that piece of fish was the size of a 3 x 5 index card.

You're really not going to "experience" the effects of the surgery until you get to the hard Protein stage. Healthy Choice meals are less than 300 calories and never satisfied me. Have you tried some tuna or chicken salad on soft bread?

You know I think you are trippy and wonderful and all those things but I have to tell you. Do you have any idea how many of your posts start with, "I am worried...."?

Stop worrying, you went to great doc, your recovery is fantastic (better than the rest of us), you are losing weight, everything is going as it should and life is good! Stop worrying! ;o)

Edited by Oregondaisy

I have always admitted to being a big worry wart.

I am going to try some egg salad tomorrow.

I have always admitted to being a big worry wart.

I am going to try some egg salad tomorrow.

But Denise, you worry when things are going well! When you could drink liquids you worried about it. When you were healing better than the rest of us, you worried about it. Relax, no need to look for things to fret over. Embrace the good, don't worry about it! Life is too short.

Yep, Denise you are doing amazingly well. I wish my recovery had gone half as easy as yours did!

I think I was able to eat a bit more when doing mushies than I am now. I still eat just about four bites of hard Protein and am completely stuffed.