Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

two weeks to banding and sick!

It figures, two weeks until banding and I get sick. Started last friday, went to the Dr. Monday, he asked about my surgery and had a chest x-ray done to rule out phenonia, that came back ok, must be bronchitis or some resportory infection. On antibiodics since monday and feeling a bit better, temp is down. Of cource concerned about surgery. Have my pre-op Monday and surgery the following friday.

Any suggestions. When ever I get sick goes to my chest and lungs and often the cough lingers on. I used to get this every year but it has been 4 years since my last bout with this thing.

Anyway would like to hear any thoughts, also thanks for the comments on the GAS X. it is on my list

Edited by rosstheboss
PRE-OP

I was sick the week before I got banded too....the flu.

Just get as much rest as you can. My cough wasn't gone before I had surgery. I'm still coughing now!

Just make sure that you have your tummy restriction wrap on...it really does support you, especially when you need to cough.

Also, because I was sick, I didn't eat much. When I felt better a few days before my surgery, my appetite was ravenous. I threw the pre-op diet out the window...so be careful.

Thanks, I am feeling better and cough is less than before but I cough so hard that I get dizy. But is getting less and less and I have a few weeks so trying to take it easy and rest. As for the Pre op diet. My Dr. did not really put me on one and did not say too much. Oh he said to cut down on the carbs and eat more proteene, no metion of any liquid diet, although I have that from my most recent diet attempt. They might say somehing at the Hosptal pre-op. I am going to try and get back on track, but being sick I have not been eating too much anyway. Due need to try and get stricter in the next few days. My weight has been about the same acutally when I saw my dr 2 weeks ago I had lost a few pounds. This week went to my regulard dr, and was a bit higher but their scals are different. So not too concerned. I am like 292 BMI around 40,

A lot of us are getting sick right before our surgery tis the season. I don't recall anything from my hospital pre-op that would have caused them to put off my surgery. I had a gallbladder ultrasound, chest x-ray, had to suck on this thing that I'm suppose to take to the hospital with me, blood test, ekg and spoke with a nurse about my meds, history...

I was really sick when I went for Cardio and Pluminary clearance and both passed me. Got over that jsut to get sick 2 weeks later 10 days before my surgery...taking antibiotics hoping they knock this out. Good luck take care of yourself and follow the rules of sinus/cold/alergy problems.