Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gosh, can you all believe that it's been 16 months since we had surgery?

I know I'm getting very close to the normal BMI, which is my goal. I have 2 pounds left. :thumbdown:

I was just wondering how much more you all are wanting to lose?

My DH and I were talking today and between the two of us we have lost 250 pounds which is more than he weighs right now. Gosh, that's a whole person, and not a skinny one. LOL

Hi Mom,

I'm just amazed at what you and your husband have accomplished. What an example you have set for your kids. How have they and your friends and family responded? How has this affected your family routine and you and your DH's routine? Do the two of you still go out to restaurants?

I'm really happy for you both - congratulations!

ive been banded only 2 weeks and I have 72 pounds to lose! congrats to u and your DH!

Thanks Bandpal. I think the biggest thing is that our life is not centered on food anymore. Yes, we still go out to eat, but now we get an appetizer rather than a meal. The two of us plus our 9 year old share it and there are leftovers to take home. :scared2: We are spending a whole lot less. I wish I could say we exercised, but we don't. Our oldest son who just turned 23 also had the surgery. He looks so good and we are so proud of him. Our soon to be 10 year gets embarrressed when we have a PB moment, which seems to happened to us both at the same time. LOL I know he is proud of us. The funniest thing is that I have friends who have never known me as a fat woman. They only know me as that thinner woman. Boy, does that feel good.

You both have done phenomenol in 16 (now 17 months)!

I still have 13 pounds to lose. My weight is much slower than yours. Any tips on what you eat? Don't eat? I drink water/beverages with my meals which I know you are suppose to wait an hour plus. Any feedback on that? I like to hear from any of our Novermber bandster buddies.

Congrats to all!

You both have done phenomenol in 16 (now 17 months)!

I still have 13 pounds to lose. My weight is much slower than yours. Any tips on what you eat? Don't eat? I drink water/beverages with my meals which I know you are suppose to wait an hour plus. Any feedback on that? I like to hear from any of our Novermber bandster buddies.

Congrats to all!

I don't drink with my meal, because if I take even a small sip I lose my lunch. LOL Of course there has been times when I have taken a big drink with something didn't go down right. I eat whatever I want. Now there are things that I use to eat that I can't eat anymore. eggs, chicken, many fruits and veggies give me problems. I' not a big Breakfast eater. My tummy just won't tolerate food or drink for the first 2 or 3 hours I'm up. I like Mexican best. Refried Beans with cheese. I know that's not the best for you but it works for me. I think the key is to eat slowly. Don't deprived yourself. I eat ice cream, cake etc when I want it. I think one of the biggest keys to my weightloss is that within 45 min of finishing a meal I start drinking Crystal Lite or Water and I keep drinking until the next meal.