Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First two months What did you lose?

Hey all I was wondering what people lost in the first two months. I am a little frustrated, and I wanted to see if my slow progress was normal.:thumbdown:

I have had the band now for almost 3 months and have lost about 10 pounds :<( It is frustrating, but I think the body it making up for what I put it through getting ready for the surgery. Now that I am recovered from the surgery, I have stepped up the training and time in the gym, so it should speed up again.

You've lost 36 pounds in 2 months, and you think your progress is slow? Did I miss something? That's 18 pounds a month.

Since the "average" weight loss with the band is 1-2 pounds a week, which would be somewhere between 9 and 18 pounds...you are ahead of the curve. I truly can't imagine why you are frustrated unless your ticker is wrong.

Well it sounds like your all doing well, I got done last september and have only lost 5 kg. (2.2pound to a kilo) 10.8 pound.

The whole purpose of getting the lapband surgery over the bariatric surgery is because you get a much slower weight loss. That way it's much healthier. It seems you are right on track. Since my surgery day on Jan. 28th I've lost 18 lbs so you are doing far better than me.

I will be 2 months out tomorrow and am down 32 pounds so I guess I am pleased. I just have to figure out now how to move my ticker!

Looks like you are doing great! Not sure what kind of weight loss you were hoping for, but to lose what you lost in 2 months, you should be very pleased!

Keep up the good work!

Try going to Tickerfactory.com and put in your password. Scroll down alittle to where your current weight is listed and put in your new weight, the hit "next". That should update it for you. Good luck and nice weight loss.

Jen, 36 lbs in two months is an amazing number. I am not yet one month. I lost 16 on the pre-op diet, after the surgery I lost around 8 lbs. The scale is not moving right now.

As you can see by my ticker I have lost 45lbs, 20lbs on pre0p diet and 25lbs since 4 March LB surgery. But have lost nothing since last Friday. I have been usually under 700 calories (realizemysuccess.com figures it for me) I usually just count carbs but the site figures both. But I am the only male that has responded to your question and as my Dr. told my wife who gets a bypass next Monday, males tend to lose the weight faster. Keep trying and it will start working for us all. I can't say that I have not been hungry but I want the tool to work.

Hi everyone! Im from Western Australia. I got banded on the 27th March 09 so 5 days now and I have so far lost 5.4kg. Not sure how to convert to pounds. Im hoping to do 15-20 kg by April 25th 09.

I was banded two months ago as of today and I have lost 46lbs.

Considering that some folks report putting weight on during the healing process I would consider any weight loss a success.

For those who were wondering I have only lost 10 of the 36 pounds since being banded. The rest I lost before. I work out for one hour a day and stay under 1000 calories. I just want to make sure I am doing everything right.