Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi everyone. Im new on here, umm im 20 yrs old and had the surgery on march 6. to be honest this has been the toughest part of my life thus far. im not gonna lie i loveeeeee food. but, i decided to get this surgery for health reasons only!. i love my body n i love being big. its different and its who i am. i just want to see my kids get married in the future(when i have kids) lol. any way, im ok with the surgery so far. in the beginning i thought i was dieing. i felt like a starving person. but like a week later my stomach was adjusting. i lost 18 pounds the first week. im gonna be on the soft foods diet soon. but im scared to gain weight. i have to say that is my greatest fear. but i know i can do this. im a fighter and i plan to fight this hunger. i have a lot of confidence in myself and i know that i can accomplish all the goals i set for my self. I just cant wait to put on that tiny, yellow, poka dot bikini lol:lol:

Hi bnb!! Welcome to LBT!! Congratulations on getting your band and losing all that weight the first week!! I like your attitude. You are a fighter and you have a positive attitude. That will get you to those goals you are setting. Don't be afraid to move to soft foods and then into solids. Keep coming here and reading, learning, asking questions, and sharing. I can just tell that you are going to be successful!! Take good care of yourself. Becky

You are amazing to have such self-confidence! I admire that in people! I just got banded on 3-26 and go back for my first follow-up on Friday. I can only hope I am doing as well as you are! Congrats on taking control of your weight and remember that when you do decide to have kids - you will be healthier for it!

What are you eating now?

thanx lol i do have a lot of confidence. i really do love my slef. umm im gonna start my soft food deit 2 morrow. my docter said to move up on a new deit every week. wow this surgery makes u feel so powerful and in a way before this surgery i never knew that food really controlled my life. but now im moving with my head high and im not gonna let food take over my life like before. im happy for u rachaele1. this is exciting. and dont worry every day gets better. im so thankful for a site like this where theres people that are going through the same things i am. sometimes my freinds dont understand where im comin from. ive told them about this site so they can get more info. Thanks for the support!

hi bignbeautiful,

dont worry about gaining weight right now as this is reaaly a time for ur body to heal. u may gain when u start eating regular foods again. Don't panic... make goof food choices, drink lots of Water and the weight well eventually start coming off again(should u gain a tad)

good luck!!

amy