Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

don't cook

I don't cook. I have been eating frozen dinners, but I think they have too many carbs. Anybody have any ideas for me. I don't cook for several reasons. One I am really bad at it. I don't have a lot of time. And my roommate cuts hair at our house and it seems like the hair gets everywhere and it freaks me out that it might be in the food.< /p>

Seriously, I believe if you dont learn to cook and be able to produce healthy meals, you are making the job of managing your weight for your lifetime pretty nigh on impossible.

Its so unhealthy to eat packaged foods all the time. Horrid. All those additives, salt, etc even if fat and carbs are not the problem. How hard is it really to grill a chicken breast and make a tossed salad? You'll save a fortune, and your healthy will thank you for it.

Health is more than just about calories and that many processed, packaged foods is terrible for you. They're not meant to be eaten for every meal. You dont have to be a brilliant cook to be able to produce a meal, most of us who have families that we have to cook for arent gourmet chefs, we simply have a repertoire of old faithfuls that we can produce week after week, month after month.

Time wise, I find I have to do some cooking at weekends and freeze, as I dont have a lot of time some nights of the week.

I don't cook. I have been eating frozen dinners, but I think they have too many carbs. Anybody have any ideas for me. I don't cook for several reasons. One I am really bad at it. I don't have a lot of time. And my roommate cuts hair at our house and it seems like the hair gets everywhere and it freaks me out that it might be in the food.

So you are wanting to cut back your carbs?

There are many of us who don't cook-for whatever reason. And it does make it more challenging to eat right.

I switched to Lean Cuisine or Weight Watcher frozen meals and pizzas. I've found that helps.

Right now I have a chicken enchilada w/ rice meal, toaster strudles-blueberry, Banquet crock pot Pot Roast meal, frozen waffles.....not sure what else I have in my freezer.

You don't have to cook, that's the good news. There are many ways to get the nutrients you need. Cater your meals in if you need to and if you can afford it.

while i definitely tend to cook a big amount of lean ground beef in some fashion one day a week and then eat it for the next few days, there are other things i eat pre-packaged too. i just make sure to get it as healthy as i can.

for example: one meal i have been eating a lot lately is tyson grilled chicken breast strips (sold as a salad topper, but i dont like to make salads at home because i cant eat all of the vegetables before they go bad). i eat the chicken with a piece of sliced cheese (reduced fat usually). the chicken comes in a bag, two 3oz portions inside (usually spreads over 3 meals for me) and has a few different flavors.... about 100-120 calories for 3oz and not the worst when it comes to sodium. with a piece of cheese about 60-80 calories, you are looking at about a 180 calorie meal with ZERO carbs!!! i eat mine cold, but you can microwave it if you like. all it takes is like 10-15 seconds.

delicious dinner... no cooking. though it does look kind of funny to eat! i'm sure you can make something work. :thumbdown:

First, I have to agree with Jachut. It's going to be REAL difficult to lose weight effectively eating frozen dinners and prepackaged foods. Part of your committment will have to be cooking and eating healthy.

to help with your dilemma.... Our fish market has fresh fish that is already seasoned. they have habanero/peach, lemon pepper, cajun style, etc. I buy these, and either pan fry them in some PAM or olive oil, or throw them on a pan and bake for about 15 minutes. Add a salad or a steamed veggie (5 minutes) and you have a healthy meal. It takes all of 20 seconds to cut up a zuccinni, cover with Water, sprinkle with salt and bring to a boil for 3 minutes. Drain and sprinkle with garlic powder. Cooking doesn't have to take hours of time. something that takes time to bake, I shove in the oven and go about my business doing other things for an hour. Washing dishes, paying bills, getting my clothes ready for work the next day, feeding the dog, watering my plants, etc. Baked chicken takes about 5 minutes to season and bread it, and about an hour to bake. Simple. Easy, low in calorie, healthy. Sometimes I throw a bunch of things in a crockpot in the morning, and voila, when I get home, it's done. Pot roast with carrots, potato and peas....red Beans for red Beans and rice, pulled pork. the list is endless.