Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New n already messin up

Hi,

I was banded Feb 26th 2009

Starting weight 348 current 300

But i already making mistakes, Been on liquids for 8 weeks and alreayd cheated last week had some mush/solids

got my first fill yesterday...suppose to be on Clear Liquids for next 48 but i had a soup...creamy.. This all seems minor to others but i feel like i've already shot myself in the foot.....I know today is just one day but I guess it just hard sometimes.

Not usually so down but for some reason this just hit me a little harder than expected. Thanks for the chance to vent

Silver:bored:

Why are you still on liquids 8 weeks after your surgery? that's an awful long time to be on liquids. I was back on completely solid foods 1 month after my surgery. I really wouldn't worry that you ate some solid food. You should've been on solid foods for a while now!

Don't beat yourself up over it!

Please don't be so hard on yourself. I was banded 12/3, and I was supposed to be on liquids for 6 weeks after. There was no way.... the week after I was starving. I called the dietician with my surgeon, she told me to go ahead and start doing Soups and thick liquids, a few mashed potatoes. You are not cheating by any means, liquids are to help with the swelling after the banding, you have not hurt yourself or shot yourself in the foot. It is a whole new lifestyle, and every month takes a bit more getting used to, but it does get a little easier. I know all will be well with you.

only try 1/4 to 1/2 a cup of soups at a time. This is a tool you have to teach yourself to use and manipulate.

Good luck! Don't hesitate to keep in touch!

Thank you Very much.....My doctor is rather stricked. He wants liquids for 6 weeks post surgery-basically until first fill-so i was allowed like creamy Soups etc.

I guess i just hear horro storries n worry that I will mess this up. No matter how much research I have done i just never know what will cause what. But thank you For your replies they help alot. I've been reading these boards since i first thought of having the surgery. I just need to take it day by day

Hugs to all

Thanks

Silver

Your doc is VERY strict! No kidding! :biggrin:

You will be fine, I'm sure! Your band should be well healed into place.

While I'm a firm believer in always following doc's orders, you do need rounded good nutrition, too. And if the creamy Soup didn't hurt going down, you didn't hurt yourself. You need to advance on to mushies and then softs asap...you CAN get adequate nutrition from liquids alone but that isn't much of a life and this if FOR life. So since you said liquids for 6 weeks, I think you're past time.

Your weight loss may slow/stop for a little bit when you transition but don't panic, ok? It will pick back up.

Don't be so hard on yourself! :cool2:

Thank you thank you thank you :biggrin: I'm glad i'm not alone in this and that ppl who been through it are so supportive

Hugs to all

Silver

Silver. 8 weeks on liquids???? I would have eaten my doctor if he told me to stay on liquids for 8 weeks. I too am a firm believer in doing what your doctor says, but...... You have done a great job and in my opinion, creamy Soup is not going to hurt you. Do you get to move to soft/mushy foods and solids now?? Sure hope so. Don't be hard on yourself - just keep on doing the best you can. We are all learning - this is new and will take some time to get right. Take good care of yourself and give yourself a pat on the back. Becky