Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been stuck for 3 months!

I'm needing some advice.

I had my first fill before we moved to FL (a month after surgery) and they put in 3 cc's to give me a total of 4 cc's. After we got here and I was finally able to get established with a doctor (which didn't happen until Jan and we got here in Oct!), I'd lost 1 cc, so he put it back in, so I was back at 4 cc's again. I've go ne in for 2 more fills an gotten .5 cc's at each to bring me to 5 cc's so far in my 10 cc band.

My problem is that I've only lost 30 lbs so far - and granted, I'm really happy about it - but I've stayed at that weight loss since Jan/Feb! We forgot to do measurments on me before surgery, but I know I"m losing inches somewhere because I've gotten into pants that I couldn't fit into a month ago, but can this week - but my weight is the same.

So I'm getting a bit frustrated, and when I get this I want to run to the fridge and gorge. I think I'm getting close to my "sweet spot" - or hope I am, how will I know? - because for example the other day, we were running late and I needed to eat something really fast (and it wasn't hte best, I know) so I warmed up a Lean Pocket. I cut it into 4 sections and was only able to eat the 2 middle, and even then I had the knot in my throat, but didnt throw up. Am I close?

I've read people talking about the 10 day jump-start diet, but neither of my doctors have talked to me about it? I heard it helps you get your metabolism going again and back to losing weight, and I'm needing it. I'd love the info!

Any help would be appreciated, I'm wanting to get to onederland this year so hubbs and I can talk 'baby'!

I remember in the beginning having my clothes get looser even though the scale was saying that I didn't lose any weight. Can't tell you why that is but don't get too crazy about the scale.

Sweet spot is not determined by how the food goes down but rather how much food it takes to satisfy you, how long you stay satisfied and how steady the weight is coming off.

I feel your frustration. I lost 35 lbs before surgery. Had surgery on Feb 6th and only lost 6 since and that was when I was still on liquids. I feel that I am in a plateau and need advice on how to break it. The last time I went to see the Dr. and had my first fill, they said that I had gained 2 lbs but had lost fat mass. That sounds good but I want the scale to reflect my efforts. My support system says not to get upset about it that I am doing great but...............Frustrating.

I'm eating about every 4-5 hours, which my doctor said is what he was aiming for. He's not been very aggressive in my fills, so when he found out that's how often I was eating, I had to convince him to give me a fill last month because he said that's th amount of time he was aiming for. *lol*

I'm needing some advice.

I had my first fill before we moved to FL (a month after surgery) and they put in 3 cc's to give me a total of 4 cc's. After we got here and I was finally able to get established with a doctor (which didn't happen until Jan and we got here in Oct!), I'd lost 1 cc, so he put it back in, so I was back at 4 cc's again. I've go ne in for 2 more fills an gotten .5 cc's at each to bring me to 5 cc's so far in my 10 cc band.

My problem is that I've only lost 30 lbs so far - and granted, I'm really happy about it - but I've stayed at that weight loss since Jan/Feb! We forgot to do measurments on me before surgery, but I know I"m losing inches somewhere because I've gotten into pants that I couldn't fit into a month ago, but can this week - but my weight is the same.

So I'm getting a bit frustrated, and when I get this I want to run to the fridge and gorge. I think I'm getting close to my "sweet spot" - or hope I am, how will I know? - because for example the other day, we were running late and I needed to eat something really fast (and it wasn't hte best, I know) so I warmed up a Lean Pocket. I cut it into 4 sections and was only able to eat the 2 middle, and even then I had the knot in my throat, but didnt throw up. Am I close?

I've read people talking about the 10 day jump-start diet, but neither of my doctors have talked to me about it? I heard it helps you get your metabolism going again and back to losing weight, and I'm needing it. I'd love the info!

Any help would be appreciated, I'm wanting to get to onederland this year so hubbs and I can talk 'baby'!

You don't mention your exercise routine or what your calorie intake is - your answers may be found there.

Brad

I can honestly say I dont keep track of my calories, but I do keep track of what I eat - and it's not much. I eat Cereal, eggs or a shake for Breakfast. lunch is a sandwish or half a hot pocket, and dinner is whatever I end up making for me and the husband - tonight was spaghetti (made with 'no yolk' noodles) and green Beans.

I've been walking our neighbood hood - and I just got back into it, I've had vertigo for going on almost 3 months now and they haven't figured out why, so it's been difficult to do much that doesn't require me to hold onto a wall to walk. *haha*

It would definitely be worth using a progam like fitday or dailyplate - at least for awhile - to see where you're at nutritionally. Too few calories - and/or the wrong source of calories - could easily have stalled you out.

As for exercise... I'm strong headed on this... Walking - in the long term - most likely isn't going to cut it - but I understand you have other medical issues standing in your way.

IMO...It takes a calorie deficit created from both diet and exercise to be successful.

Good luck!

Brad

I can honestly say I dont keep track of my calories, but I do keep track of what I eat - and it's not much. I eat Cereal, eggs or a shake for Breakfast. lunch is a sandwish or half a hot pocket, and dinner is whatever I end up making for me and the husband - tonight was spaghetti (made with 'no yolk' noodles) and green Beans.

I have to back up Bambam on needing to use fitday or dailyplate for tracking your food. Give it a try, even if for just 3 or 4 days. Based on what you listed in just this message, I have a couple of comments on the "what" you are eating.

It looks like you are eating too many mushies. Cereal and eggs, etc. aren't necessarily the best choices. Try to pick foods that you actually have to chew alot, which will slow down your eating and make you focus more on the process rather than the "ease" with which you can eat mushies.

shakes are not intended to be a meal replacer. I'd suggest that you only supplement with a shake if you find that you are not able to get enough Protein in with your eating.

It looks like you are wasting your nutrition on carbs. When you track your foods on something like fitday, you will get a clear picture on where you are in reaching your Protein goals.

I have only now gotten to where I actually have to pay attention to getting in my nutrition. Until my latest fill, I was able to eat a regular diet because I was able to eat a regular amount of food. I didn't lose squat for months, but since this last fill (the 7th for me!), I've seen a serious reduction in how much I can eat. Now I have to really plan to get in enough protein and balance the remainder of my nutrition.

Try tracking, and let us know how it goes!