Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am one week away from my surgery, and just started my modified liquid diet this morning. I have had a lot of "lasts" this past week. My last beer... last soda... last number two large with a coke...

When I got on the scale this morning I had another "last". Today is the last time I'll ever weigh 310 pounds. I'm much more excited about that than I am upset about not drinking beer ever again.

Just think of all the "Agains" you will now have.

Like getting my wedding ring on again, fitting into those pants again, not hurting in the morning again.

I like agains.

Like getting my wedding ring on again, fitting into those pants again, not hurting in the morning again.

I like agains.

thats just awesome, great stuff:thumbup:

Karl

I like agains.

What an awesome point you just made! Why have I not thought about it that way? I'm having surgery a week from today and have found myself justifying lots of "lasts"...until now. Thank you for posting this. I'm going to write it down and put it on my fridge. :)

Congrats on your new journey! You will be surprised how cokes and beer are not that hard to give up. Keep positive and you will do great!!

Lots of luck :)

I have been living through my 'lasts' for well over a month now. There was a previous thread titled 'The Bucket List' and I had quite a long 'Bucket List' of foods and restaurants I ate my way through. While I feel like I'm ready to start this journey now, and was able to say 'good-bye' to many of my poor choices and large servings, I would NOT recommend this path, as I gained about 5lbs and did not feel well overconsuming above and beyond my 'normal'!!! Has anyone seen 'SuperSize It'?!! Plus, if you were to do this close to your own scheduled surgery, it may impact your physician's decision to hold the surgery due to enlarged fatty liver!

Today was to be the last day of my 'Bucket List' - with April 1st my start date for cutting back before the liquid diet 2 weeks before surgery. I had the last thing I was craving - chocolate molten lava cake, this weekend, and now my obsession with getting my 'lasts' in has been quelched. My Psych eval was complete last week, and I am hoping to have insurance approval soon, followed by a surgery date in early May. I joined Curves to start exercising, and I'm on a healthy mindset and on track now to get back to all my 'Agains' I have in store for me (I just LOVE the 'Agains' reply :cool2:)

Best wishes for success to all of us!!!! :biggrin:

I went thru the lasts, i had my last crab puff, and my last serving of pizza this week. However i didnt gain anything,m oh and i had my last deserts while i was in vegas.

I talked to my nurse and she said when people followed the diet eating real food that the peolpe bounced back easier because of the energy we got fromn the stored food. But i know some of ur drs dont allow food, your on a strict Fluid diet..

OH and my liver and gall bladder were named perfect from my surgeon:)

Agains are wonderful, my problem with that is i dont know me smaller, so imn gonna start saying I will never be over 2oo again or need a booth.

Agains are smart!

Good LUCK to everyone!!! Cant wait to have everyone go with me to the post op side!

Wow, I didnt get to have my "Last Supper"! The Dr called me on Thursday morning and said start your liquid diet TODAY, your surgery is next Weds. !! Bummer,,,:thumbdown: but I survived with out my Quasadias from Chili's and im still cruizing along. Good luck everyone!!

I am have decided to avoid a final lap of lasts...Otherwise, I think I would go crazy and I think half the extra weight i have now is a result of to many lasts before to many diets. Here is want I put in my blog.

Dear Food...I want a Divorce

It is not that I don’t love you, but you’re not good for me. As they said in the movie…I just not that into you. I am sure you won’t take this news well and fight the inevitable. Please don’t. We got together when I was young and stupid and did not understand what I was doing to myself. Yes, we will have to see each other on occasion, but I promise it won’t be awkward. We will have a more business like relationship. I wish you all the best, but it is time for me to move on and correct the mistakes of my youth.