Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Dirty Little Secret

Or should I say, my dirty NOT SO LITTLE secret?

I was banded in August 2008. I just broke the 25 lb mark last week, finally - yay me! I think you might know I'm a tough case and have a really hard time with weight loss, ergo the choice to band.

My dirty secret is that since I was banded I've had a serious condition that has zapped me of virtually any extra energy, and so the area that has suffered the most is my house.

I've never, ever, ever lived in filth before - and believe me, this isn't just sloppiness anymore - there are true areas of filth now.

I've been making myself nuts over how to get my kitchen cleaned up in advance of Pesach so that I can make my share of the two sedarim I'm attending. I mean literally making myself sick over this.

I had to stay home from work this morning to give myself some extra time in bed, it's been that bad. The upside is that while I took my bath I came up with what I think is the solution for me.

Let me start by saying I'm not shomer, but keep Kosher - and to the point where most of you would probably be comfortable eating my food.< /p>

I realized that the best use of my tax refund money, time, and what energy I have would be to go rent a place at one of those extended stay hotels near where I live, and there are about six to choose from, kasher THEIR kitchen (many have full sized fridges & stoves, some with ovens, some without), and do all my cooking there!! I can get my friend to help me shlep my K l' P utensils & cooking gear over for me and keep them in the room and closets. I can get them to be sure it is cleaned properly & then just kasher it all myself (I even have an electric teapot for doing the sink, and most places use stainless, which will be a help.

It isn't hard for me to foil up burners or empty fridge shelves. I already did my full-sized freezer here at home, so I'm ready to go.

This way I can start to do my cooking when I need to, and still get my own kitchen kashered in time for Wednesday morning, but the food for the seders will be done & stored for me by Tuesday night!

That's my situation. I wish you all the very, very best this Pesach. I'm ready. I need the vacation, believe me.

A zissen Pesach and chag sameach!

Amy

I don't know enough about preparing Kosher, so if this is a moronic suggestion, sorry. But, I would think your money would be better spent by hiring a cleaning service to totally scrub your place. That way, you could relax and do all the cooking where you are most comfortable (when it's clean). A clean place is so much easier to keep clean, and much less stressful. Initially, the cleaning service will probably charge you a bundle, if it's as bad as you imply, but think about how free you'll feel when it's clean...compared to spending the money and time to go elsewhere to prepare food, only to come back to a depressingly messy home.

yes you only need a cleaning lady for maybe 2 days a week you should be able keep clean in between....lol i would go help if you where close to me.

I agree with Laptastic! Your money would be best spent on cleaning your own house. There's nothing like having a clean home. Plus how thorough is the hotel about kashering? It's spring and Pesach...use this as an opportunity to give your house a thorough cleaning.