Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Random musings...

I ran two miles again today. It's not easy, but not killing me either. Just right. Like Goldilocks and the Three Bears. :smile2:

Hope your new fill level is perfect Audone. I have made it a personal mission to never be overfilled. So far so good.

Keep it up, Shiny.

Audone - Glad you are posting. And I too love spring; I wish it would hurry on and arrive...

I was at the Y today and did my usual exercise routines; I wonder if when spring and summer really arrive, I will still go to the Y? It would be so easy to convince myself that with the nice weather I can do things outside, but will I? I suspect I will need to keep going to the Y or else my good intentions will fail...sorta like every diet I was on!!

It's Friday my fellow VVs, Anyone have any exciting plans? As for me, I HAVE to go buy a new pair of sneakers, but other than that, I think Iwill wait and see what the days bring. Have a great weekend all...

I am going to a sushi party tonight, and on Saturday I am going to go to my favorite play EVER "Parrallel Lives" It is really clever and funny.

I went for a walk yesterday. I am just getting back in the swing of things, but I did lose another 1.2 lbs this week. Maybe I can just continue to lose a pound a week I would be happy...Two pounds a week would be better. I would love three, but I'll take 1.

RSG - I've never been to a sushi party...I hope you had a good time!

Im off to work today - it's rare that I have to do it, and it really irritates me that my weekend is interrupted because of it, but sometimes you just have to, so I'm gonna suck it up, and do it.

I don't know about exercise today, and I really should do some - for some unknown reason last night I went on an eating binge...I cannot tell you all the crap I ate:sad::thumbup::mellow::scared2: Oh well, that was yesterday. Today is another day.

I am having surgery this week. On Tuesday night, I went to the ER in major pain in my chest and back. Turns out I had gallstones and need my gallbladder taken out. Fun! So I go in on Thursday and will come home on Friday. It will be a lap procedure and my band doctor will do it so I don't have to worry about someone who isn't familiar with the band cutting my tubing or something. I'm thinking about asking if I can get an adjustment while I'm in the hospital on Friday morning. He has some bands to place that day and those people will all go to radiology for their post-op check. LOL I don't know though. I wonder if I might get tighter from IV fluids. Anytime I'm retaining Water or swollen, I feel tighter. I need some restriction badly.

Good luck Jaime, keep us posted.

I ran 4 days last week, 2 miles each day. I'm happy with that. I'm aiming for 6 days of that this week.

I am having surgery this week. . Turns out I had gallstones and need my gallbladder taken out. I go in on Thursday and will come home on Friday. It will be a lap procedure and my band doctor will do it so I don't have to worry about someone who isn't familiar with the band cutting my tubing or something.

Good luck Jamie. Keep us posted.

I ran 4 days last week, 2 miles each day. I'm happy with that. I'm aiming for 6 days of that this week.

That's great Shiny!

It's a snowy Monday morning, and I've no energy today at all. I did my Y stuff this morning, and I just feel more drained not energized.

Hope everyone had a great weekend - I ended up working on Saturday but Sunday was good. Went for a long drive around the outskirts of the city just to wander; stopped in at a furniture store that does custom work (beautiful) and enjoyed the sunny (but cold) weather.

Jamie God's blessing and care on you as you go through this week. Surgery is always fear producing. The week has been good. I'll buy new pants this week or the next (OK after Easter). Yea my old ones are falling off. I like these musings with the VV's. Audrey

Well, I got some frustrating news this morning. The house we rent and love living in sold this morning. It's such a blessing for our landlord in this economy to have the house sell, but for us it's rough because we have to move.

We've been trying to move for almost a year now, but for some reason my husband hasn't been able to get the positions he has applied for (and is qualified for). It just hasn't been the right timing. There are possibilities in the works right now, and I'm hoping and praying that one of them works out, so our move isn't just a different house here in town, but a new location all together.

He has a stable job here, but needs to move so that his experience is broader. It is within the same government department, just a transfer really.

Anyway, I'm not looking forward to moving at the end of next month. Guess it's time to get dejunking.

I did go do my 2 mile run this morning. I upped the treadmill speed from my usual 5.0 to 5.1. Maybe I'll do 5.2 tomorrow. We'll see.

Good morning everyone

Shiny - It is unfortunate that you have to leave the house you love; I hope a transfer for your husband comes through. Now comes the dejunking and packing which is always (for me) somewhat stressful but fun (I'm weird that way). My fingers are crossed for a new job for DH!

I'm glad this is going to be a short work-week...I just don't seem to have the energy I have had in the past, and no amount of sleep seems to beat it. I've slacked off horribly in following the bandster rules for eating, so that isn't helping either. I really need to get a fill, but I can''t get an appointment for a few weeks. Until then it is a battle between my mind and my stomach...and the stomach is winning!!

Come on VVs - I know some of you are lurking out there; join this thread!

Day 2 of exercise done. Both days I did my short T-tapp video and then went and ran 2 miles. I opted to stay at the 5.1 speed today. I tried 5.2 but it felt too fast just yet. I'm all about slow and steady winning the race.

I had a bad weekend, it was so frustrating because I did good all month...Ohhhh well.

Marcie and I are driving to New Orleans this weekend and meeting her twin sister there. She is turning the big 3-0 on easter sunday.

I am having surgery this week. On Tuesday night, I went to the ER in major pain in my chest and back. Turns out I had gallstones and need my gallbladder taken out. Fun! So I go in on Thursday and will come home on Friday. It will be a lap procedure and my band doctor will do it so I don't have to worry about someone who isn't familiar with the band cutting my tubing or something. I'm thinking about asking if I can get an adjustment while I'm in the hospital on Friday morning. He has some bands to place that day and those people will all go to radiology for their post-op check. LOL I don't know though. I wonder if I might get tighter from IV fluids. Anytime I'm retaining Water or swollen, I feel tighter. I need some restriction badly.

jaime, I read that gallstones are very common when you have lost weight quickly. I wish you a quick recovery.

Day 2 of exercise done. Both days I did my short T-tapp video and then went and ran 2 miles. I I'm all about slow and steady winning the race.

You are so dedicated, Shiny!:smile:

I had a bad weekend, it was so frustrating because I did good all month...Ohhhh well.

Marcie and I are driving to New Orleans this weekend and meeting her twin sister there. She is turning the big 3-0 on easter sunday.

That's right, RSG...just start again. Hope you have a great trip, and that Marcie and her sister enjoy a wonderful birthday celebration.

What are your april goals, RSG?

I did my Y routine this morning, and vowed again that I would follow the eating rules today...I have to make this commitment daily, it seems...too bad I can't KEEP it!

It was sorta depressing when I realized that today isn't Thursday....I was all pumped up thinking my work week was over, but nooooooo, it's only Wednesday - RATS!!!

April Goals

Lose 6 lbs

Exercise three days a week

Buy new curtains

Bringing my lunch to work really really helps. I miss eating with my coworkers, but it was just too hard to keep up with them and still lose weight.

Tap, How are YOU doing?