Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just need to post something to say how frustrated I am with my doctor's office right now. I'm the type of person that when I make a decision to do something I try to put everything I have behind it. I went to my first seminar on February 24th to meet with the doctor. The very next day I made an appt with the office and was given the packet of all the test and procedures that needed to be done. I have a very understanding boss and with some negotiating I was able to have all of my test done within two weeks. I have had both my first and second evaluations and was told two weeks ago it would take about two weeks to get my insurane approval. Today would mark two weeks and I just got off the phone with my insurance company. My doctor's office hasn't even submitted the paperwork yet. I'm so frustrated. The insurance person is only in the office on tuesdays and thursdays and the times I have called she has not even returned my calls. Everyone else I have encountered in this office has been great, they know that I bent over backwards to get things done and now I am still waiting.

I dont' think there is anything I can do about it, but I just feel so frustrated I needed to vent to others that would understand.

Don't discount the value of showing up "live and in person" on Tuesday morning and insisting on speaking to the person. Offer to help in any way you can to move it forward, but insist that the paperwork be submitted ASAP since it was promised it would be done two weeks ago and still has not! You have rights as a CONSUMER to have reasonable expectations that they will do as they say/promise. Don't ever forget that. Yes, you are a patient seeking medical care, but you are a CONSUMER of their services and they need you to be satisfied because word of mouth is invaluable to them to get more patients. Follow up with your insurance company to make sure they receive the paperwork, that everything is there and ask for a time frame in which to expect to hear their decision, too!

I've read similar posts a few times and find it amazing. These surgeries are their bread and butter - you'd think they'd be just as anxious to get you approved as you are!

When I started my journey, I was amazed at how quickly they submitted my paperwork. The doctor that did my psych eval and the dietician also submitted their reports for me within 24 hours of my appts.

I agree that you might want to go to the office in person and politely find out what the hold up is. It's possible that there is a legit reason for the delay.

Good Luck and hang in there!