Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My 2nd fill, Vanguard band and totally stressed!

find a new fill doctor that guys a jerkoff who is obviously inexperienced and cares more about the $$$ then the patient
Too sweet Kat! these big bands are great with the right restrition! Right ON!

Not that they're big. they have baffles, Now I'm going to look for a pic..found it.http://www.core.monash.org/placement.html

Guest susan

Hi.

Do you believe I could not figure out how to return to this thread? I do not know what type of band the office is now using routinely. I believe they assess the patient and decide which band would work the best. However, in my case, Dr. Fielding now believes that my stomach will tolerate the VG. I will meet with him again before going forward. I hate the idea of another surgery, but my weight loss is about a pound a month. Very frustrating. Then, of course, what happens if the VG fails on me also??? He did say that was a possibility, because some people cannot have the pressure on their esophagus. :-(

I'll be my bottom dollar that at 5ft 10 and a relatively large build I'd have a bigger stomach than another woman 5ft 2 and quite fine boned! You dont know that your doctor didnt select that band because it was right for you and this new doctor, without having a look inside cannot possibly know that either.

You know I am sorry that the doctor had so much anamosity towards the Mexican doctors. They should not be bashing them, instead try to find a way to lower their costs and compete with the mexican docs. The majority of US bandsters go to mexico because the the huge difference in cost. I believe that that particular doctor is highly unethical in the way he bashed your banding doc and he just wants to make a few more bucks by changing your band. I can tell you that if it were me--and I HAD to change my band--he would be the last doc I would consider. His ethics are bad. I have the VG band, with 6cc. in now, hopeing for 2 more this wednesday, and I have read on many posts that the VG band can actually hold more than what they think is in there. Thre are several "bubbles" that need to fill up and it takes 3cc's just to fill the band not makeing any restriction. Plus consider that the tubing itself holds 1cc. This information comes from Don at INamed. Your going to do great!! I know that it is hard, but I would ignore that doc. in fact I might even switch doctors as you don't need that kind of negitivity. Good Luck!!

Why not just go back to your regular doc in Mexico for fills? Is it too far? Are you saving a lot by using local?

... is it worth it to see this doctor when he obviously irritates you, upsets you and stresses you out???

I think Jenna's right on here. I realize it's a hassle to go to MX, but when you factor it all in maybe not as much as you may go thru where you are. If you book ahead you can get a round trip plane ticket to San Diego, trolley down to the border and take a taxi to a dr in TJ. For a fill you wouldn't even need to spend the night. Also factor in that flouro down there is much less expensive ($100 wasn't it, Michelle?) so they can see what they're doing to hit your port.

Between the insurance hassles and the attitude of some of the US doctors MX doctors are just looking better and better to me. I'm seriously thinking of signing up for a Spanish class!

Hi!

Thank you soooo much for your kind words and encouragement!!

I've decided that for my fills I will either save up and go to back Mexico to my surgeon (who I love) or use a fill Dr. in Utah when i visit my family. So it's not the most convienent arrangement but it's going to have to work since I refuse to go back to the other dr. here.

Anyway just wanted to thank you guys and let you know that all is good!

P.S. I think this fill is working! I've lost five pounds this month! The most I've ever lost in one month! *Hoping* that it keeps working for awhile!

I have the Vanguard band as well. I just got a fill September 14 (3ccs), I have some restriction but not all the time. My starting weight was 294 day of surgery on a 5 ' 2" frame. From my understanding I was fitted with the larger band because I have a larger gas tank (stomach), the surgeon had placed the smaller band, but it wouldn't work, so then they placed the larger VG band. I know it will take me longer to find that sweet spot, but I am happy with my band. As for your Mexican doctor....good for you for finding a doctor you are happy with. As for the the fill doctor with attitude, tell him to stuff it and find a new fill doctor. He needs an attitude adjustment and better bedside manners. Best of luck to you!