Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some advice on drinks...

Hi all, I've given up soda and I don't drink coffee or tea. I'm having nothing but Crystal light (I'm about a month away from surgery). Well, I LOVE Crystal Light but the acid I guess is giving me cold sores (which happened to me in college when I drank nothing but Gatorade). Anyone have any suggestions? Please don't say plain Water - I just don't like it plain. If I have to I imagine I can force myself but I was hoping someone had another suggestion for something that is not so citrus-y. Thanks!

I'm very interested in this thread, as I am an avid Water hater as well :huh2: I can't bring myself to drink it plain. It makes me want to puke!!!

So far, some of the things I've been drinking is Power Aide Zero---has no calories, no carbs, and 10% dv niacin, B6 and B12; Target has packs of 8 for $3.99, making them $0.50 each--not bad!

Target's Skinny Water (comes in several flavors, 0 calories or carbs, and a ton of Vitamins from vitamins a-e plus almost a dozen others. Target has them currently on sale for 10 for $10, they're usually $1.49 each)

Target also has a vitamin water with no/low calories/carbs, and even has some Protein, all flavored. There are little/no protein these, but another thread recommended a tasteless protein liquid that you can add to your drinks/food to increase your protein intake, which I am going to start doing. I've yet to be banded, so I'm trying to get all this figured out before it's a must.

Well I went to Walmart and found some new stuff. There's sugar free HAwaiin Punch singles to Go (not too bad...but not Hawaiian Punch-y enough for me), Welch's Dark berry (also Sugar Free) to go (Raspberry, Blueberry, Cranberry and Grape together) and that is really really good! I also got SF Kool-Aids to go but haven't tried them yet. Not bad really, still citrus-y but it's a variety!

yeah they have aspartame :-( I'm picking my battles at this point. It's sugar-free and I'm having a hard enough time giving up soda lol.

The sugar free kool-aid is real good. They have diff. kinds. That is all my family drinks. Wal-Mart also have there brand that is cheaper.

I do believe that Water is Good cruel joke to this earth! Good for so, so many things, but taste like I guess hell would taste. I put some lemon in mine and drink it real quick, but I know that must come to the end. Special K makes a Protein water that is pretty as well. Cheers

It seems that you have found the most of the drinks I would recommend. Right now, I live on the 3 different flavors of Hawaiian Punch. I also buy the Crystal light and the Welch's. I really like the juice flavors (grapefruit and grape). Wal-Mart even sells the apple juice flavor. None of them tastes exactly the same, but when you can't stand Water and full sugar is out of the question, it works. I bought a couple of 32 oz bottles at a sporting goods store. I keep one with me full of whichever flavor of the day to stay hydrated. Good luck to you!

I like Water, myself, but it can get boring after a while. As for the coffee, I have weaned myself off of the caffienated stuff and now do Decaf. I keep a box of the individual bags in my desk drawer. I also found Gatorade's G2, which is really low in calories. I tried the special K Protein water mix -- my nutritionist said the mix is okay, but the premade bottles are not. I guess there is a difference in sugar content or calories or something:confused3: I bought the pink lemonade & mixed it w/ about 16 oz of water, it was a little too tangy for me. I think if it is more diluted it would not be so bad. Plus you get those extra few grams of protein.:)

Well, based off a different post, I bought myself (on Amazon.com) some Syntrax Nectar. It has 0 carbs, 0 fat, 23g of Protein per scoop and 90 calories. It comes in six or so flavors and it's AWESOME! :thumbdown: It cost me $26 for a gigantic 2lb tub.

I haven't been happy with other powder Proteins but this one rocks. You can add it to Water, milk, whatever. I got the Roadside Lemonade, and the strawberry kiwi kind. Today, I mixed skim milk with frozen strawberries, a bananna, and a 3/4 scoop of strawberry kiwi in a blender and voila---an awesome, totally healthy, *fresh* Protein Shake.< /p>

If you are looking for something to drink, the straw kiwi doesn't have (any?) citrus in it and you can add a smidge of powder to your water for some protein as well as taste factor. The powder dissolves easily and it doesn't have that chalky after taste or texture.

Just another addition!