Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll: What are you doing with your too-big clothes?

I'm finally ready to get rid of some of my bigger (size 20, 14W, 1X) clothes and am not sure what the best thing to do with them is.

Has anyone sold clothing on eBay or gone to a clothing swap? I've sold other things on eBay, but am not sure how the swap works.

Catherine

Hi Catherine,

We were just discussing this on another thread, too! LOL

I donated quite a lot in Jan/Feb to Goodwill. I've got some other items that i'm going to try to sell on eBay in the next week or so.

Tkl

I donated them to Goodwill, first my size 18's, then later my size 14-16's, then a third load of size 10-12's. It was a huge tax deduction! Add the medical deduction I was able to claim this time (adding up all our regular doctor visits, prescriptions, plus my share of surgery costs helped us be elligible for that deduction) and my tax return is going to be a good one for a change, first time in years that they will be paying me!

Edited by Jodi_620

I have seen a thread on here called "clothing exchange" or something like that...maybe you could list your items here and another bandster could benefit from them. Congratulations on your success!

Steph:)

I donate them. I use it as a tax deduction.

At the rate I go through clothes and all the shopping I do I could use the deduction. That last trip was 92 shirts and 32 pairs of jeans. I even got to ditch some shoes that were too wide :mellow: Hubby loves the write off it clears up some of the cost of all the shopping I do at the mall now lol.

House cleaning for my closet is scheduled again for May. I have been trying to do it 3x a year till goal.

I DONATED THEM TO GOODWILL,I HAVE NO FAMILY OR FRIENDS THAT ARE OVERWEIGHT SO CHARITY WAS THE ANSWER FOR ME.....lol

I have normally always donated old clothes. I may still do some. But now we also have a plus size consignment shop here in Maryland. I bought some stuff there last year. Now I get to take some in, as well as get some new cheap stuff! Can't wait!:huh2:

Most of mine & my husbands are still in the closet. Anyone need women's 18/20? Men's 38-46 pants. 2X shirts. Dress shirts size 20/34. Business suits 48R & 50R. Email me here or direct.

brenda79347@yahoo.com

Crystal-

Where is the plus size consignment shop in MD?

Catherine-

If you're looking to sell some privately- send me a PM. you're definitely smaller than me and I am going to need some transitional clothes for the summer (and have a tight budget). You're doing great - I read your blog all the time.