Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best time to work out?

When's the best time to work out? I've heard in the morning on an empty stomach. But then others say it really doesn't matter, JUST DO IT! lol :scared2: :rolleyes2:

I may have to agree with the ladder as I'm not a morning person. teehee :scared2:

The best time is the time you will actually do it.

For me that's late afternoon or early evening.

I think whenever it will get done is best. I like late afternoon early evening too - I'm at my most energetic, but lately I've been going out at 6 am because I've been working full time. It's still good, but boy I'm soooooooo tired, even though I would normally get up by 6.15 anyway.

When I'm working, no doubt about it, its safer to go in the morning so its done and cant be put off. but I keep it short and sweet - a quick 30 minute 6km run. If I have time, I will do something else in the evening, if not I dont have to worry.

I don't think the time matters, as long as you are doing it.

But I don't think working out on an empty stomach would be good. When I did a couple of personal trainer sessions I was told to eat something about half an hour before the workout. And if not eat, then at least drink a glass of milk.

Thank you all for your input. The bit about it being on an empty stomach seems to make sense though. I think otherwise one might start feeling ill.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• buildabetteranna

I have my final approval from my insurance, only thing holding up things is one last x-ray needed, which I have scheduled for the fourth of next month, which is my birthday.

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches