Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre op visit on tommorrow the 24th

I am really nervous I go for my pre-op visit tommorrow. I am anxious as to what we are gonna talk about. My surgeon does the lapband as an outpatient procedure. I know about having to sip Water and do a barium swallow before I leave the hospital. I am soooooo nervous and excited!!! I just can't wait. Even though I know that the weight loss isn't as fast as with RNY I will be happy just to lose weight period. I too am kinda nervous about how I would feel if I don't lose as much weight as I am expecting. I see alot of folks on here that have been banded for 6 months and have lost sometimes just 8lbs or 20lbs. I want to lose more than that with the band. Maybe it is because they have not been filled or just because of metabolism or maybe just maybe non compliance. I have seen alot of people who have done trememndously with the band. Maybe I should look at the weight loss in 6 month intervals instead of month to month,I am not knocking anyone's weightloss or lack of but I do wonder if it is the band not working or them not working the band. I just don't want to get all excited about losing weight with the help of the band , and end up not losing at all. I get all deep like this when I am nervous so part of this is just the ramblings of a crazy fat woman. Well I welcome any comments. I respect everyone's opinion and thanks for the support.

Dee Dee

Let us know how it goes,,,

My pre op is thurs the 25th.....

Nobody was a bigger weenie about this whole thing than me. I freaked out right up until they wheeled me back and knocked me out. One day I was DEFINITELY gona have the surgery - the next - NO WAY. Back and forth will drive you NUTS!!! I'm 4 weeks out now - I havn't lost as much as some of the others, but I havn't done too bad. Supposedly, when I get my first fill, I'll start losing more/faster - and my first fill is scheduled for tomorrow. OMG - I'm freaking out again - long needle..... Lucky for me I've got my friend, Jen, (HotLikeHer) coming too - she will hold my hand (RIGHT JEN). You'll be fine and when it's over you too will think back and say it wasn't all that bad. Good Luck.

Don't expect to lose much (if anything) until you have some restriction and that comes with fills. Docs vary on when the first few fills are scheduled.

Banders that do the best with weight loss are compliant with doctor's instructions and include some form of exercise in their daily routine.

Let us know how you are doing,

Ellen

banded for 8 days

full liquid post-op diet :-D

219/209/I dunno - not 'overweight' would be good

Aww man, you're gonna make me hold your hand too? Dang girl.....lol

Hey can I do the fill for the Dr.?,,,lol just kidding,,

Hopefully our appnts will work out good so we can be in together...... Just gotta let them know when we get there that you want me in with ya...

So Dee Dee did you have your pre op visit? Mine was this morning too. It was very short, they did my "before" pics and went over the eating guidelines for the first few weeks after surgery, told me not to take certain types of meds prior to surgery, don't eat/drink anything after midnight the day before - even chewing gum or Water, not allowed to have anything at all!, what time to show up at the hospital, what I'd be prescribed for pain. That was about it! And she weighed me again.

I can't believe surgery is only a week away... I need to call and ask if I'm allowed to take sleep aid pills because I'm starting to get the jitters about all this -- sleep just goes right out the window!

My pre-op visit is Friday and my surgery will be on Monday, Aug. 29th. I am so scared. My sister is also having the surgery and she is very calm about it. My son asked me if I was really going through with it. That didn't make me feel very confident. I'm a nervous wreck, but I really want to lose this weight. It is good that my little sis and I are going through this together. We encourage each other. All of us August people will be in BandLand by Sept 1.

Well the pre-op visit went pretty quickly! I lost one pound(lol). My blood pressure was elevated a little and I have to pre-admit tommorrow! I am so excited! After the surgery I have to sip at least 30ml's of Water every 15 minutes, or suck on ice cubes. I do the barium swallow thing and I am out! There was a lady who had the lapband at our hospital lab for her 6 month checkup and she has lost about 60lbs that ain't bad at all. She is very compliant and follows all the rules. I know that I want to be healthier and smaller than I am now so I am gonna work really hard to lose the weight. I am gonna exercise everyday( that seems to be the key to better results according to my surgeon). I am going to stock up on crystal light and sugar free popsicles!! 2 weeks is a long time on liquids but I am motivated!!

Hi Dee Dee,

Wow, the big day is here. I just wanted to say that today is my last day of mushies and I made it through the liquid stage and mushies just fine. The time went by really fast and I just haven't been hungry. In fact, I haven't been able to get everything in (quantity wise) that I was suppose to but I was told it was ok just do what I could.

You will do just fine, in fact in my opinion it was MUCH easier than I was expecting.