Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can anyone help me with this?

I am almost 9 months out and I am looking for someone to tell me the symptoms of a slipped band. I have a bad pain below my right shoulder blade. It is pretty bad at times. It has gotten worse in the last 3 days. I would appreciate any help with this. Just hoping its not the band.

jazie

Pay attention to when the pain is at it's worst. Is it about an hour or so after you eat? Pay attention to what you are eating. If it has a higher fat content (not even excessively so) but like cheese or an egg, you may be experiencing a gall bladder attack. The location sounds right.

Individuals who have struggled with obesity and weight loss are at a higher risk for gall bladder disease and stones. You may want to discuss this with your doctor.

Edited by ddiedre
spelling

I agree with Dawn, it certainly could be your gallbladder. Maybe google gall bladder while you are waiting to call your doctor first thing Monday morning.

Good luck,

Mimi

i actually just had my gallbladder taken out this past friday. i've been dealing with the symptoms on and off for 3 years or so now. They've always told me that it has been the flu.

I've had several ultrasounds done and none of them ever showed any gallstones. On Monday, my surgeon schduled me a HIDA scan which tests liver and gallbladder function. They told me that anything over 50% is considered normal...mine was at 16%. When he got it out he said that it was definitely very sick looking and was positive that this is what was causing my pain.

My symptoms were upset stomach, cramping, vomitting, the "trots" lol, pain in my right ride up through my back. Mine came and went every 3 weeks or so and then I would be sick for 4 or 5 days.

I felt really good after my surgery...way easier than the lap band surgery! It felt like a pulled muscle on my right side and I just take a few Tylenol when it starts to hurt and that takes care of it. I can't believe how much better I feel just a few days out! Its definitely worth looking into! :)

hope this helps!

Hi:

Sounds like gallbladder to me too. I had to get mine out 9 mos after banding.

Hope you feel better soon.

If the pain gets to be extreme or if you start a high fever please go to an e.r. because you don't want to have issues bigger than gallstones and gallbladder problems. Also, if you wait too long they may not be able to do it laproscopically.

Take care and let us know how you make out.

If you do get your gallbladder removed - trick from experience. Where tight panties because belly jiggle hurt my tummy after gallbladder surgery.

Sue

thank you all for the help. It can't be my gall bladder, it is already out, but it does feel more like gas. I don't really think that is it either, I am not trapped, but I have been constipated ever since my surgery,July 2008, I have had a problem with that. I have used glycerin suppositories for the last 2 days, and it helps. I will call my Dr tomorrow and try to see him in the next day or two. I will keep you posted.

jazie