Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some days restriction and some days none?

I thought i needed a fill because i was able to eat way too much and then just before i was going for a fill i pbd..so i cancelled the fill but now i feel like i have no restriction again..i am afraid to get a fill HELP!!! anyone else expierence this?? This would be my second fill... i had one about 2 months ago and had great restriction for quite a while.

I PB'd twice this weekend. Then I put 2 and 2 together and realized I had started my period on saturday...duh. I experience increased restriction every month, yet didn't slow down for the inevitable. Could this be it for you?

Also, what you eat can contriblute. Doing the bandster "hard protiens first" makes it seem like I'm more restricted. I may not be, I'm just eating something that keeps me full. Fact is, though, you shouldn't be so restricted that you can't do hard protiens first. Eating banded should not be uncomfortable or cause PB's. The only reason it did for me this weekend was the swelling/bloating/water retention/whatever that comes with my monthy visitor and increases my restriction.

Just so you know, I PB'd once at Breakfast (tight in the mornings) and once on cold grilled chicken breast that I didn't cut (just took a hunker bite out of) and didn't warm or add some type of sauce. Like I said, duh.

Kathy- That so weird- I am the EXACT opposite. I just got my period & ate all day long yesterday-PLUS a major helping of coldstone icecream. I just couldn't get full to save my life for 2 full days. Protein first or not. Isn't that strange- I thought how can I not get full? Normally I am very resticted. I am feeling better today & a little more back to normal.

Sheri- I would go by the scale- Are you losing 2 pounds per week about?? If so than don't go for the fill - If your not losing weight & following the rules all the time - go get a fill. Thats what I would do. Good Luck

I am definatly not losing 2 pounds a week!!! i seem to lose a few pounds 1 week every month eating the same as i always do but for some reason one week out of the month i drop 3-5 pounds...it is definatly going slower now..i dont think i am any tighter around my period either just some days more than others... its weird something that i ate with no problem one day will give me a problem another...i am so confused i dont want to get a fill and not be able to eat at all..i guess i will make an appointment and see what my doctor says..if anyone else has any expierences please tell me!!

I thought i needed a fill because i was able to eat way too much and then just before i was going for a fill i pbd..so i cancelled the fill but now i feel like i have no restriction again..i am afraid to get a fill HELP!!! anyone else expierence this?

Everytime I thought I needed a fill I would call and schedule one and then the next day I would have restriction for a week or more so I cancelled 3 times for fills. I think for me it was anxiety of a fill I dont know but I expereinced the same thing you did. Once I realized it was in my ind and saw a pattern I went ahead with my fills.

Everytime I thought I needed a fill I would call and schedule one and then the next day I would have restriction for a week or more so I cancelled 3 times for fills. I think for me it was anxiety of a fill I dont know but I expereinced the same thing you did. Once I realized it was in my ind and saw a pattern I went ahead with my fills.

maybe thats it... i will schedule another fill and see if it happens again

....well....my 'monthly' ain't a problem....but I do have days with little restriction and days with quite a bit....

and in the month since my 2nd fill there hasn't been a day I haven't PBd to some degree....mostly not much of an issue and while quite disturbing at first seems to be a 'can live with it' since it is directing my attention in a way I deem beneficial...

the odd thing is, some days are simply tighter than others...

My 'stand by usual' power Breakfast is 1/2~3/4 cup HSW, 1 tsp Peanut Butter, a sprinkling of berries, 1/2 tsp Mannatech Ambrolose, a little squirt of stevia....but many mornings even that gives me a 'soft stop' after the first spoon or two...

...and a few days ago I even PB slightly on my Protein shake....

it seems that often the first swallow or 2 I have to pause or I WILL PB....but then I can finish it...and I can not chug Water....careful swallows work fine...chugging no....

gotta get back on that scale and see what's happening...

What is HSW????

I am so grateful I had the second fill. I was 4.5 out of a 9 cc. band, but she only withdrew 4cc- some disappeared; no wonder I could out eat my gastric bypass friend. I now am filled to 5.5, and am eating the portions I want and am staying fuller longer. Drinking no cal fluids between helps with hunger. Drink 1/2 the amt. of body weight in ounces- a 189 lb. person needs 95 ounces, preferably Water.< /p>

I can eat way too much at times also and sometimes I can't - does anyone know why it is different than other times? Thanks.

I just had a fill last Tuesday, and we went out to dinner tonight, and I ate 60% of the meat, some Soup, and some of the 2 side dishes. I was surprized that I could eat that much. I rarely can eat only an egg and a little of something else. In the morning, I usually have a Protein Shake. If I have an egg and 1/2 piece of toast, it is about 11 a.m.

I went out to dinner tonight with my husband and some clients and if I had wanted to could have eaten everything in front of me - I hope after I get my first fill it will be impossible for me to do that - I am envious of people who can't eat as much and are losing weight. My band must be really loose. Thanks.

Jack- I found myself eating an unhealthy snack (dreading it) just before undertaking a painting french doors project that I knew would take hours, then taping off the den for the ceiling to be painted (by my daughter, yeah) I did drink 2 huge glasses of Water during breaks. Tomorrow I hope the next project will go smoothly, and it will cool down a little. I do go on vacation next Friday!