Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

a valuable lesson learned

my surgey was 2-24 and at first i was losing weight rapidly.but the last several days since i feel almost no restriction so i've been eating like crazy. well tonight i eat a piece of chicken with dinner. needless to say it didnt go very well. i spent the next 2 hours sliming! god that was gross. by the tine 10:30 rolled around and it was time for work i was still sick. so i ended up heaving into a bag while driving to work. so much for thinking i could eat cuz i havent been filled. so to all my other newly banded friends who feel no restriction be careful. i know were all hungry as hell but theres a reason they have us advance our diets so slowly.

Thanks for the heads up! I was also banded on 2/24 and am still to scared to eat anything solid. I've had tuna and egg salad and all the other standard mushie fare but nothing that required extensive chewing.

Sorry you had to experience that. I hope you're feeling better now.

Good Morning..sorry to hear this

I hope you feel better :tongue_smilie:

I learned this lesson too, but luckily didn't get sick,,

Mine was more because I was typing while eating and forgot to chew, I got a tightness in my chest then got nausea, I was able to get up and walk it off.. Lesson learned.. Mine was chicken too!

Hope it passed before you got to work!

Hard boiled egg got me this morning! Who would have thought it. I muched on grilled chicken without problem, but that danged egg was on my left breast bone and I felt like I had been punched. I didn't get sick, but I thought, "Now I know why I got to chew!"

Keep smiling

I think chicken is the cause of a very large percentage of first stuck or PB incidents. I know it was for me. Unless cooked a very specific way, chicken is E_V_I_L.

chicken is very dry......befriend a small food processor to chop up meats...and when things are wet they go down much better...try mixing chopped up chicken with some mayo or eat it with gravy and mashed potatoes.

liquid and meat is always a good thing. I make a cornbread covered chicken pot pie... Lots of cream of chicken Soup and veggies... I use rotisserie chicken because that is usually pretty moist and it is just divine!

I did something similar. I've been able to eat anything without any problems. I still keep my portions very small and try to make sure I don't eat too much. But the other afternoon, I went out to lunch and was sharing a Breakfast quesadilla with my boyfriend. I put a quarter of it on my plate, and looking back, I shouldn't have. It was too much of a portion. I ended up eating the whole things and regretting it almost immediately. I had to take the cloth napkin from the restaurant with me because I could feel the food in my esophagus and it was trying to come up. In the car, we made a sharp turn, and I burped in the strangest way I ever have. It was bubbly. But after that, I felt a bit better. At least, I didn't feel like the food was going to come back up. I still felt really uncomfortable, but live and learn. I'm glad I learned this BEFORE I got a fill though.