Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

eating like crazy. HELP!!!

I had my surgery 2-24 and have done really well. i feel great and i've lost 18lbs. the only problem is the last few days i feel hungry all the time i've been having a really hard time not eating eating and i am really getting frustrated with mtself.. is this normal? my 1st fill isnt until 4-3 and i dont wanna gain any weight back.

I dont have my surgery until next month, but I suggest you eat if you feel hungry. Just eat Protein first and small portions. Don't starve yourself. If you do, you will get so hungry that you will shove anything into your mouth.

It's not unusual. Even after your first couple of fills, you might not get that satisfied feeling... It is normal.

But that is why I (and many others) say the band is only a tool. Yes, once you hit your "sweet spot" it will definitely cause you to want to eat less, but you still have to make the right choices.

You still have to choose not to eat, or if you eat, eat something better.

You should be just getting into the solid food phase. So make sure you're getting good Protein, especially at Breakfast. Maybe a couple of hard boiled eggs instead of a protein shake... it will stay with you longer. At your meal times, eat your meat first. Between meals, keep a bottle of drink (I actually drink a ton of Crystal Lite a day... it helps keep me going, especially an hour or so before meals).

And remember, it might take 2, 3 or more fills before you hit the spot... just hang in there until then.

I had my surgery 2-24 and have done really well. i feel great and i've lost 18lbs. the only problem is the last few days i feel hungry all the time i've been having a really hard time not eating eating and i am really getting frustrated with mtself.. is this normal? my 1st fill isnt until 4-3 and i dont wanna gain any weight back.

Hi Jennifer! As you have probably figured out by now the band is not a solve all. It is a tool to help us. You have to work the tool. The band will eventually get rid of a lot of the physical hunger but you will still have the "head hunger". You have to really listen to your body & figure out when you are really hungry or you just WANT to eat. I know you said you have not had a fill yet so I'm sure you are hungry. All I can say is TRY to eat the right foods & eat your Protein because it stays w/ you longer. You will get there. Your in banster hell now as they call it=your banded but no fills & still HUNGRY. Hang in there & if you need any help pm me or just come on here & everyone is willing to help. :tongue_smilie:

good morning

i get a fill on 3.24.09 and i currently have 6.5 cc in a 10 cc band...I havent reached my sweet spot..I feel hungry at times so i drink alot of Water or crystal light...

sometimes i eat some portions of nuts..fruits...etc between my meals...they probably dont want me doing this but I have to keep something in my system otherwise i get light headed..Have a good day!

When I am starving I will pull out a 100 calorie pack of something.. it doesn't happen very often and I try to stick to 3 meals a day but sometimes you just need something extra. I love the 100 calorie almond packs or 100 calorie bag of popcorn even a 100 calorie m&m just something smalll and controlled..

Not till I was put on the 2 week liquid diet did I realize what HUNGER really is! LOL....

And as many have said here, you have to make the band work for you, its a tool, its not gonna just help you lose weight on its own.

Think of it like this, the lap band is like 10% of helping you lose weight, the other 90% is where you come in, Mentally.

Make it work for you. Notice what you're eating, what time, and why you're eating and ask yourself, I'm I really hungry or just want to eat to satisfy myself?

Trust me, I know its NOT easy. We all been here, I know I'm still learning and growing but just take it one step at a time.

Best,

Chris

When I am starving I will pull out a 100 calorie pack of something.. it doesn't happen very often and I try to stick to 3 meals a day but sometimes you just need something extra. I love the 100 calorie almond packs or 100 calorie bag of popcorn even a 100 calorie m&m just something smalll and controlled..

I totally agree!!! I just found a LOT of things I didn't know were out there for me! My greatest find was the 100 calorie packs of Smartfood popcorn, which is a large bag, I was tickled. There are crackers, Snacks, nuts and sweets, which are just the right amount to help me in those times when I look like something out of "An American Werewolf in London" in the open pantry :ohmy: