Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any June Banders ?

Hi everyone

I just got my surgery date and its June 12th!!

I was woundering if anyone else was having it in June too. Let me know!!

Jenna

Hi Jenna! Congrats on your banding date! I was banded June 20, 2008 and it has been one heck of an amazing 9 months!!! I wish you many pounds lost !

Hey there Jenna.. besides following the band rules I would suggest keeping a journal. I love going back and reading what I was feeling at the beginning and through the past 9 months. I wish I had taken more pictures pre banding but I was always hiding behind people or things lol. I also wish someone had told me that I didn't have to give up all my favorite foods.. I made a list of all my favorite foods and restaurants and seriously ate so much before I started my 2 week pre op diet. UGH I wish I hadn't done that. I still can eat, and am satisfied just with so much less. If you have any specific questions let me know.. you can also email me at 1morrisfamily@comcast.net .. I remember being scared and excited and girl don't be scared just be EXCITED!

Thank you so much for the advice. I am very excited and not so much nervous yet. I am just trying to keep calm and take one day at a time before the surgery. I am having it done at St Raphels in New haven by Dr. Elmer Valin. Who was your Dr? How did you feel when you woke up from the surgery? That I think is my biggest concern. I remember when I got my toncils out a long time ago when I woke up I just threw up and felt so nauseus. Ugh I dont want to feel that way. I am going to get a journal today and start writing in it. I am also going to take some pictures of myself. Well congrats on making it so far and for approaching your goal.

Please write if you can!

Thanks again

Jenna ~ :tongue_smilie:

Thank you so much for the advice. I am very excited and not so much nervous yet. I am just trying to keep calm and take one day at a time before the surgery. I am having it done at St Raphels in New haven by Dr. Elmer Valin. Who was your Dr? How did you feel when you woke up from the surgery? That I think is my biggest concern. I remember when I got my toncils out a long time ago when I woke up I just threw up and felt so nauseus. Ugh I dont want to feel that way. I am going to get a journal today and start writing in it. I am also going to take some pictures of myself. Well congrats on making it so far and for approaching your goal.

Please write if you can!

Thanks again

Jenna ~ :tongue_smilie:

I was banded at St. Vincent's in Bridgeport by Dr. Erhlich. I felt fine when I woke up.. since I was self pay I was banded at 7:30 a.m. and checked out of the hospital at 11:30 a.m. same day. We stayed at a hotel right next to hospital just in case but my only issue was gas pain which is relieved by walking walking walking!! I took off a week from work and really needed that. I didn't feel nauseous or sick at all when I woke up. I did go to the bathroom and checked out my scars. It was more than I had anticipated but now you can barely see them they have faded and healed so nicely. I was obsessive about putting neopsorin on them. I do burp alot now more since I am banded only when I eat though. My doc says I am making myself burp to help food go down which is probably true. That has been my only real negative side effect and it is really mild.

Congrats on your date. I was banded June 3rd by Dr. Craig Flock in Norwalk Hospital. I'm from Watertown, CT. The experience was better than I anticipated.

Hi Jenna,

I was banded on June 16, 2009. I haven't had my first fill yet... that's schedule for the 22nd, next Wednesday. I had my surgery done by Dr. Timothy Erhlich from Fairfield - surgery done at St. V's in Bridgeport.

Edited by StarsZie

Hi Jenna,

I was banded on June 16, 2009. I haven't had my first fill yet... that's schedule for the 22nd, next Wednesday. I had my surgery done by Dr. Timothy Erhlich from Fairfield - surgery done at St. V's in Bridgeport.

I was also banded by Dr. ERhlich! But on June 20 2008! I love love love him!

Hi Allie...

Can I pick your brain for a minute? After you had your surgery, did anyone call you to check on you? Noone ever called me. I kind of feel like I am just another number. :biggrin: This was such a big decision in my life and obviously a life changing experience I would have expected a call from someone, anyone from the office. Yes, I like(d) Dr. Erhlich as well and I will be seeing him for a fill on Wednesday. I am going to tell him just how disappointed I am and how disconnected I feel. Just wondering since you've been seeing him for over a year how you feel about the practice. Do you go to Fairfield or Norwalk? BTW - congrats on the weight loss... VERY impressive!!! I hope I can get there too. :wink2:

I had mine june 8th with j.nazdam @ hsr new haven

i have been filled x3 sinc e my last weigh in last month 52lbs

I STARTED @ 250LBS

Hi Allie...

Can I pick your brain for a minute? After you had your surgery, did anyone call you to check on you? Noone ever called me. I kind of feel like I am just another number. :scared2: This was such a big decision in my life and obviously a life changing experience I would have expected a call from someone, anyone from the office. Yes, I like(d) Dr. Erhlich as well and I will be seeing him for a fill on Wednesday. I am going to tell him just how disappointed I am and how disconnected I feel. Just wondering since you've been seeing him for over a year how you feel about the practice. Do you go to Fairfield or Norwalk? BTW - congrats on the weight loss... VERY impressive!!! I hope I can get there too. :(

Hey I never saw this post! Sorry it took me so long. No i never heard from them but I had fills scheduled every 2 weeks so I saw them often enough. :) I got my fills at the waterford, ct office, which they come up to twice a month. It looks like you are doing awesome, congrats. I actually go tomorrow for my preop plastic surgery appointment! I am getting a Tummy Tuck, breast lift with implants and Lipo on the thighs done on nov 19. 2 months later I am getting a thigh lift. So excited. Anyway's congrats on the great work. xoxo:thumbup:

I had mine june 8th with j.nazdam @ hsr new haven

i have been filled x3 sinc e my last weigh in last month 52lbs

I STARTED @ 250LBS

congrats and great job!

Where in hamden do u reside

i too live in hamden