Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

is anyone else having problems with sagging breast? I had my band sugery on 12-18-08 ,i have lost 44 lbs. My breast have went from a full ddd, to a sagging dd. I miss the fullness. Will in surance pay for a breast lift?

Sadly its a pretty common side effect of weight loss.

Dont know about insurance - certainly in Australia insurance wont pay for it.

What breasts? Mine went away when I lost weight. I am barely a B cup now.

I too am becoming a member of the saggy boob club. I now have two tube socks where my breasts used to be. My husband (a breast man) has been sadly disappointed in this part of my weight loss.

I am looking into getting plastic surgery as I type this...I had the way they look now - and they arent that bad, but they arent as nice as they were - ha ha, the only part of my body I DID like, is now the only part I hate!

I think this is a side effect for most. I do have a funny story to share about this. Last week I had to get an EKG, I have an irregular heart beat and this was just a normal check-up. Well the technician put several of the sticky monitors on my breasts and when she went to remove them all of this loose skin came up with the sticky monitor until finally it gave way and came off. I thought it was so comical, was kind of like a cartoon. The skin just kept coming and coming!

I have heard people say that after weight loss their breast were like tube socks with tennis balls in the toes. I always thought that was a funny comparison, but can NOW totally understand what they meant!!!!

I have heard people say that after weight loss their breast were like tube socks with tennis balls in the toes. I always thought that was a funny comparison, but can NOW totally understand what they meant!!!!

I was going to mention that, but I don't think I have tennis balls. It is more like a larger golf ball.:ohmy:

I had boobs.... nice luscious big ones. Now they are gone. Nice and saggy. LOL. I had myself remeasured and bought some new undergarments, that make me look great. Pre-Band, I wore minimizer bras. Post-band, Foam is my friend. I am wearing so much foam I am a fire hazard. :smile:

Katy, youve lost soooo much weight! I just hope I can get to goal, let alone below. Youre an inspiration, foam and all :smile:

mads

4/08

wt 205

c 174

g 145ish

h 5'6

Edited by maddy

I'm not even that far into my journey and I can already see a difference. Of course, I did nurse 2 children for over a year so that didn't help. I told dh I am buying some boobs once I reach goal =)

Katy, youve lost soooo much weight! I just hope I can get to goal, let alone below. Youre an inspiration, foam and all :thumbup:

mads

Thanks for the compliment... I need to stress this... foam IS YOUR FRIEND. I look GREAT with a bra on, and don't need a boob job. The right bra makes all the difference in the world. :smile:

Katy, Im sure you look wonderful, foam or not! Im not sure I will need foam though, as Im now 36 DD, but a big push up STRONG bra is definately in order. Im going down around quicker than boobs. I used to wear ( at 150lbs) 2 minimizer bras to feel normal. I would love to end up at a 34B, but that may be wishful thinking! Just like the washboard gal wants cleavage, I want normal, Water balloon(round) boobs.

I know I can buy them, but Im just not there yet, so I guess push ups are my best bet.

mads

Edited by maddy

thanks for everyone replies, when your fat your breast are the only thing your proud about. And you have such a pretty face, you hear that alot when your fat.

I'm 3 months shy of turning 50, so the boob department is a source of depression for me. I had small boobs when I was younger and thinner (34B) and was happy with them. They were perky. Well, at my age, and after a 75 pound loss, they look pretty sad. But I have discovered that a well fitted push up bra from Victoria's Secret does wonders. It puts it all back in the right place. Yes, thank God for foam.

BUT..... must add here, I went for a mammogram on the 9th. I went down two tray sizes on the machine. I told the girl I had lost a lot of weight and she made note of it. Apparently, now that they are less dense, they can see more. They found and "abnomality" and I'm terrified. I go for an ultrasound and a "spot compression", whatever the hell that is, tomorrow and I'm chewing my fingernails. Wouldn't that be a real pisser to finally look normal after 20 years of being gross, and then end up disfigured? I'm beside myself. Scared to death. Thanks for listening and letting me vent. I've been trying to think positive. My poor hubby. I showed him the letter from the hospital with the results (Can you beleive the sent me a freaking letter??!!!??) and all the color drained out of his face.